What's new

Crest/Coat Of Arms?

Fishstank

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
455
Reaction score
53
Golden Thread
0
Location
3rd Gen. Arizona Native
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Ace 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Found this and need help IDing as well. Wondering if it is a real Coat of Arms? How old? Who's family?

Found in an early 1900's homestead.

Thanks,
Fishstank
 

Attachments

  • Night Hunt 7-21-10 006.webp
    Night Hunt 7-21-10 006.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 312
  • Night Hunt 7-21-10 007.webp
    Night Hunt 7-21-10 007.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 304
  • Night Hunt 7-21-10 006.webp
    Night Hunt 7-21-10 006.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 299
  • Night Hunt 7-21-10 007.webp
    Night Hunt 7-21-10 007.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 306
the fluer de lis --is french or spanish used symbol * -- the cross is a older style cross design * known as a "orthodox" type --the crown looks to be of the "french" type in design -- --by the looks of what i see --i'd say itsfrench or from the "french culture" most likely -
 
Upvote 0
a full sized "front view " would be nice --could assist in its possible ID
 
Upvote 0
Your 2nd pic threw me for a second. I thought for just a split second, this thing was 6 foot tall! Nice find.

Doug
 
Upvote 0
turtlefoot13 said:
Your 2nd pic threw me for a second. I thought for just a split second, this thing was 6 foot tall! Nice find.

Doug

Threw me there for a second :laughing7: Figured the 2nd pic would be the first one you spotted :wink:

Added: turtlefoot13 I thought you were refering to the pic I posted and by 2nd pic meant the photo of the eiffel tower. I know you love old photos :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
the "maltese cross with a french coat of arms" is a match for your item !!!! the one shown has been altered
 
Upvote 0
Ya sorry. I was using the WE&T magazine as a nice background. The second pic is the front. I thought it was a ashtray of some sorts. I was night hunting at the time and when I shined my light in the hole I saw gold. :( I was upset when it was not.
I didnt see the symbol until later when I cleaned it off. Thanks for all you help!!

:icon_thumleft: :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
turtlefoot13 said:
Your 2nd pic threw me for a second. I thought for just a split second, this thing was 6 foot tall! Nice find.

Doug

Threw me there for a second :laughing7: Figured the 2nd pic would be the first one you spotted :wink:

Added: turtlefoot13 I thought you were refering to the pic I posted and by 2nd pic meant the photo of the eiffel tower. I know you love old photos :thumbsup:

I DO like the pic of the Eiffel Tower! I don't ever come across vintage pics of it and I don't know why. I see scores of other European landmarks but not the Eiffel Tower. Is that a family pic or just out of a collection?

Doug
 
Upvote 0
turtlefoot13 said:
IronSpike said:
turtlefoot13 said:
Your 2nd pic threw me for a second. I thought for just a split second, this thing was 6 foot tall! Nice find.

Doug

Threw me there for a second :laughing7: Figured the 2nd pic would be the first one you spotted :wink:

Added: turtlefoot13 I thought you were refering to the pic I posted and by 2nd pic meant the photo of the eiffel tower. I know you love old photos :thumbsup:

I DO like the pic of the Eiffel Tower! I don't ever come across vintage pics of it and I don't know why. I see scores of other European landmarks but not the Eiffel Tower. Is that a family pic or just out of a collection?

Doug

The pic just from the link, however have to admit a very 'busy' pic :wink:
 
Upvote 0
It certainly is an interesting find and great match from IronSpike :headbang:

A couple of comments;
I don't believe it is an 'orthodox' cross, they are shown with three bars.
orthodox cross.gif
It looks more like the Cross of Lorraine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Lorraine.
CrossofLorraine.webp

Further, the images on the crest looks very similar to those on the Coat of Arms of Joan of Arc.
CofA.JoanofArc.webp
IN MY IMAGINATION, without the bar and 3 blobs at the top, the cross could be the sword.
Could there be a connection?

Mike
 
Upvote 0
blended --- cross of lorrine and joan of arc's arms * --wasn't joan of arc from the area around lorrine?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom