What's new

Creul and Unusal Punishment...

S.S.Tupperware

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
799
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead: Had a Basil Cell Carsooima, on my right cheek... had it there for a long time. Well for those that don't know , keep protected... i see a lot of younger people here, that might not know... Wear a hat and sunscreen, I'm not an old Geezer here like some... 45 2 weeks ago. Well for your info, they shoot ya up, cut send ya back out for an hour or so, call ya back in...:icon_scratch: cut again, send ya out... Well an hour later ya go back in... ya guessed it cut again... wait an hour. Well at least that was the last time, I think she saw my teeth through my cheek, I was in no condition to ask, big ***** here. But the Vicodan will help come tomorrow. Watch your self's out there...
 
Upvote 0
:BangHead: Had a Basil Cell Carsooima, on my right cheek... had it there for a long time. Well for those that don't know , keep protected... i see a lot of younger people here, that might not know... Wear a hat and sunscreen, I'm not an old Geezer here like some... 45 2 weeks ago. Well for your info, they shoot ya up, cut send ya back out for an hour or so, call ya back in...:icon_scratch: cut again, send ya out... Well an hour later ya go back in... ya guessed it cut again... wait an hour. Well at least that was the last time, I think she saw my teeth through my cheek, I was in no condition to ask, big ***** here. But the Vicodan will help come tomorrow. Watch your self's out there...

Had several cut off, no fun, skin cancer is why you always see me with the long sleeve surfer shirt (SPF 90), a hat with neck cover and bathed in sunscreen....






American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hear this and thanks for taking the time to post the good advice .
God bless ,Brother Al
 
got some squamish cell C on my left arm... 25 years driving w/ my arm out the window...DUH
 
thanks for the heads up!!! hope you don't have any more problems!!!

chuck.
 
I had the same thing on my right cheek,BCC and I had to go to a plastic surgeon ,he did a great job,you can hardly see the scar.Mine was positive so it took a little longer,but I had NO PAIN.It's kind of funny too,because I always use suntan lotion and wear a hat.
 
Dang,....glad to hear they caught it, sorry to hear you had to go through all that. I've been lucky so far.
 
I had the same thing on my right cheek,BCC and I had to go to a plastic surgeon ,he did a great job,you can hardly see the scar.Mine was positive so it took a little longer,but I had NO PAIN.It's kind of funny too,because I always use suntan lotion and wear a hat.

Thing with skin cancer is what suddenly appears today could have been caused by a sunburn 10 years ago. ..






American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......
 
TH is right about the long sleeve surfer shirts, they are the most comfortable in and out of the water and afford you some protection. I put the SPF50 on first then the shirt. Don't forget the SPF lip balm. After my wife had a rare skin cancer we both get checked every year. The sun is not your friend, especially here in Florida. Never take the hat off. You may be tempted to when it gets hot, but try putting a small bag of ice under it, works for me.
Good luck Tupperware, thanks for the warning.

Tek
 
Yeah it will be fine, Just figured since summer is almost here, that some of the new people out there should take precautions... Won't know if I have a pirate scat til the bandage comes off.
 
other Fla. friends have had skin cancer and/or cancerous growths
when I go down there or to the Carribean -I wear the heaviest anti sun lotion
I can find - Im out to hunt - not get a tan (or burn) -or any other skin ailments
 
Sorry to read of your skin malady, SST; thank you for sharing your experiences with us and for the advice...much appreciated.

Take care...stay well,

Lorraine
 
Malady? Not me... even if i was a girl... Well took the cover off... She did a nice job, 2 in long or so, right in my nasal fold, so it probably won't be noticeable. Kinda a bigger cut that I thought needed, the spot was < 1/2 dia. Yes it helps to be careful now, but it is your past that causes it. Be safe...
 
Thanks for sharing. Not to put the fear of God in anyone..... however, facts are facts. Smoking does not seem to go well with skin cancer risk either. My father had a basal cell carcinoma on his nose one year. About 1-1/2 years later he was diagnosed with bladder cancer, lung cancer and liver cancer. Was the skin cancer related to the others? I don't think they know for sure, but it seems obvious to me that once your body is fighting one type of cancer, it seems to be more susceptible to loosing the battle with other cancers. It was the liver cancer that took his life 6 months after the diagnosis. He was 64 years old. Moral of the story is, if you smoke, quit before it cuts your life short. If you don't smoke, don't start, it is not cool to die young. I am now 65 years old and I often think of the many things my dad missed by dying at 64. It breaks my heart than my own 40 year old son smokes, but I can't stop him, he has to make that decision for himself.
 
I've had two basal cell carcinomas removed in the last year, chest and driver's window arm.... Oh, it could never happen to me....
 
Best to stay out of the sun (when it is most intense)

You can buy head sweat bands, which are designed to work like a radiator, after being soaked in water.
Work great, especially if you carry ice water.
I was able to purchase hooded long sleeve surfer shirts (we call them rash guards)
at Costco (Hawaii). They were manufactured by a local - unfortunately the bag is sealed, and there is no
outside label to identify who made it.
NRS sells UV Buff head ware which can be worn twelve different ways to wick moisture away and keep you cool.
and it blocks 95% of the suns rays: neckerchief, headband, hairband, wristband, face mask, balaclava, hair scrunchie, saharine, pirate cap, beanie, bandanna, and helmet liner. Or invent your own style.

Even with all the protection, mentioned (sunblock, lip balm, SPF 50 sunscreen, hat with flap, you can still get fried if you are out too long in the sun, and/or burnt by the wind.

In Hawaii, the sun is even more intense as it is closer to the equator.
Protecting your lips with Lip balm is especially important, as you can be severely burnt without it.
The best protection is not to be in the sun (11AM to 2PM) PST, when it is most intense.
I prefer detecting after 4PM when most bathers have already headed home, and you don't have to worry
about staying too long as it will soon be dark. You have to be very disciplined and get off the beach
here before 10AM if you go the sunrise patrol route.



TH is right about the long sleeve surfer shirts, they are the most comfortable in and out of the water and afford you some protection. I put the SPF50 on first then the shirt. Don't forget the SPF lip balm. After my wife had a rare skin cancer we both get checked every year. The sun is not your friend, especially here in Florida. Never take the hat off. You may be tempted to when it gets hot, but try putting a small bag of ice under it, works for me.
Good luck Tupperware, thanks for the warning.

Tek
 
Last edited:
Best to stay out of the sun (when it is most intense)

.You can buy head sweat bands, which are designed to work like a radiator, after being soaked in water.
Work great, especially if you carry ice water.

I was able to purchase hooded long sleeve surfer shirts (we call them rash guards)
at Costco (Hawaii). They were manufactured by a local - unfortunately the bag is sealed, and there is no
outside label to identify who made it.

NRS sells UV Buff head ware which can be worn twelve different ways to wick moisture away and keep you cool.
and it blocks 95% of the suns rays: neckerchief, headband, hairband, wristband, face mask, balaclava, hair scrunchie, saharine, pirate cap, beanie, bandanna, and helmet liner. Or invent your own style.

Even with all the protection, mentioned (sunblock, lip balm, SPF 50 sunscreen, hat with flap, you can still get fried if you are out too long in the sun,
and/or burnt by the wind.
In Hawaii, the sun is even more intense as it is closer to the equator. Protecting your lips with Lip balm is especially important, as you can be severely burnt without it.
The best protection is not to be in the sun (11AM to 2PM) PST, when it is most intense.
I prefer detecting after 4PM when most bathers have already headed home, and you don't have to worry
about staying too long as it will soon be dark. You have to be very disciplined and get off the beach
here before 10AM if you go the sunrise patrol route.

TH is right about the long sleeve surfer shirts, they are the most comfortable in and out of the water and afford you some protection. I put the SPF50 on first then the shirt. Don't forget the SPF lip balm. After my wife had a rare skin cancer we both get checked every year. The sun is not your friend, especially here in Florida. Never take the hat off. You may be tempted to when it gets hot, but try putting a small bag of ice under it, works for me.
Good luck Tupperware, thanks for the warning.

Tek
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom