What's new

CRHunters Road Warriors. How do you do it?

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You CRHunters Road warriors have always great stories to tell. Many of you even post pictures of roads and country views. I enjoy all that a lot.

My question is. How do you do it? Is this your full time job. I barely have time during my lunch time to CRHunt due to my work duties.

Are many of you retired after many years of hard work? I know that this can be profitable but this hobby does not give to pay all bills.

Darth Walker
 
Upvote 0
Currently unemployed.

Try to squeeze in road trips on the wife's day off, and she take the kids to the mall or something.

Mojo
 
I work for the schools. I'm off work at 1:30pm during the school year and during the summer...well enough said there. Sorry don't mean to rub it in.
 
are you young? I think most that do what you are thinking... are retired...
 
Was wondering the same thing DW. I work full time so its really hard to get out and ask for rolls. I usually head out on my lunch hour and on Saturdays. Some of these guys have to be retired.
 
I'm retired from the military X 10 years. I stay close to home most time, but IF I have to travel, I'll stop at any and all banks in towns I go through and ask for coin.

I get a lot of "Do you have an account with us" but I occasionally get "We have a bunch in the vault" and the teller is estactic that I'll take them all.

It's just a roll of the dice. All they can do is say "No"......

Robin
 
I'm a very old, and somewhat senile retired person. I'm so old that I had a difficult time carrying four boxes of halves a city block. I was winded and my spindley legs were shaking !
So these days, in the autum of my life, I spend my time searching for silver coins, that I spent with reckless abandon in my youth.
 
Rich Hartford said:
I'm so old that I had a difficult time carrying four boxes of halves a city block.

Really? LOL :headbang:

I'm not sooo old but 3 box limit imposed here, if someone holds the door and the car is parked right outside the door.... :dontknow:
 
That's because you don't know the trick Mojo. Grab onto the door with your right pinky,open it just wide enough to wedge your right foot in and kick it open.
 
Rich Hartford said:
That's because you don't know the trick Mojo. Grab onto the door with your right pinky,open it just wide enough to wedge your right foot in and kick it open.

And boy don't I know it....
 
Haha, you guys crack me up. :laughing7:
 
I am in the Navy and work a weird schedule that switches from days to nights every two weeks. I have a few days off in between and usually do road trips then. Lately the wife is requiring more us time :dontknow: so I have not gone on any trips. Later this week maybe.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom