CRISPINS CRITTERS

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you:) I'm in Missouri. Brought here from Colorado when I was a kid.
By the way, I don't think that coach should be cussing around kids.

Missouri, huh?
I've lived in Missouri....KC.
And worked in KC. On the line. State line. Living in Kansas.
At KUMC (Kansas University Medical Center) on Rainbow Drive.
I used to walk to work as a Maintenance Tech on the 4-12 shift.
But would dodge and use cover and concealment on the way home due to the gunfire.....

I wasn't allowed to "carry" at work, although sometimes when I was on break,
I used to go down to the emergency area and many times I saw cars pull in and roll a gunshot victim out of the car and screech off.....
I did what I could do to help and many times I was with someone who didn't make it......And sometimes, I was there to help save their life.
Some may judge me, but they really don't know me....
But it's OK.
I don't want applause. I don't want awards.
All I want is for others to help another.

Be Well my Friend and Welcome to "The Critters!"

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Let's push the envelope of politics, shall we?

VOTE!.jpg

walter-cronkite.jpg

"In a close race for the Georgia gubernatorial post, it appears that Republican candidate Brian Kemp is the winner.
However, we are still waiting for the Democratic precincts of the cemeteries to report."

"And Now, to placate those among the ranks of the dead voters, a song to show that you will NEVER be counted.
As long as American Soldiers patrol "hotspots," as long as American Soldiers volunteer to protect America and,
as long as Veterans still serve after their tour has ended, America will always be
"THE LAND OF THE FREE! AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE!"

Scott

Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missouri, huh?
I've lived in Missouri....KC.
And worked in KC. On the line. State line. Living in Kansas.
At KUMC (Kansas University Medical Center) on Rainbow Drive.
I used to walk to work as a Maintenance Tech on the 4-12 shift.
But would dodge and use cover and concealment on the way home due to the gunfire.....

I wasn't allowed to "carry" at work, although sometimes when I was on break,
I used to go down to the emergency area and many times I saw cars pull in and roll a gunshot victim out of the car and screech off.....
I did what I could do to help and many times I was with someone who didn't make it......And sometimes, I was there to help save their life.
Some may judge me, but they really don't know me....
But it's OK.
I don't want applause. I don't want awards.
All I want is for others to help another.

Be Well my Friend and Welcome to "The Critters!"

Best,

Scott

Well thank you :) Nice song-makes me think of the seventies. Small town Missouri :) Was that your band?
Where did it all go wrong.
What a waste of life dying over drugs. And still going on. Pretty depressing if you think about it too much.
I've never seen the arch.
So do you think we are headed toward Civil War part 2?
I ask a lot of questions lol

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Let's push the envelope of politics, shall we?

View attachment 1650024

walter-cronkite.jpg

"In a close race for the Georgia gubernatorial post, it appears that Republican candidate Brian Kemp is the winner.
However, we are still waiting for the Democratic precincts of the cemeteries to report."

"And Now, to placate those among the ranks of the dead voters, a song to show that you will NEVER be counted.
As long as American Soldiers patrol "hotspots," as long as American Soldiers volunteer to protect America and,
as long as Veterans still serve after their tour has ended, America will always be
"THE LAND OF THE FREE! AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE!"

Scott

I loathe Cronkite :)
Well, I'll see if this gets me in trouble although I don't know why it would.
Little Red Riding Hood's mother baked some cookies and put them in a basket for Red Riding Hood to take to her grandmother who lived alone in the forest.
Red Riding Hood set out, and sure enough the Big Bad Wolf was lying in wait along the trail.
When Red Riding Hood drew near, the Big Bad Wolf sprang out with a great growl.
Red Riding Hood shrieked in terror.
The Big Bad Wolf stared at the frightened girl, and then he sighed.
"I can't do this. Move along to your Grandma's house. I'm letting you go."
Red Riding Hood reached in her basket, pulled out a gun, and pointed it at the Big Bad Wolf.
" Oh no," she said. "You are going to eat me just like it says in the book."

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2GF,

You can never be to careful these days I've gotten emails with what appears to be legit letterheads from banks stating my account with be frozen if I don't update my records using the following link.

The hitch was I don't deal with that bank...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: but as a public service I printed it up and dropped it off at the bank and told them to pass it along to their fraud department.

Son of a biscuit eater–URGENT hey friends I just fell for a cell phone spoof. Yeup me. I just had a call from my cell phone carrier. They said there was a problem with my bill. It was in the automated voice too. They ask to input your passcode. I did. Then they said “all operators are busy, they’ll call back” AARRGGGHHH. The scam is they get your passcode, call your cell service acting like you, and file a warranty claim. We caught it immediately.......

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,

An interesting video of how we are preprogrammed.

Excellent video, Bill. We learned some of the more depressing facts in the vid in sociology class at Crowder. People generally remain at or near the level where they are born. This isn't a hard and fast rule however.
I took an economics class and the teacher was great.
But he might as well have been speaking Swahili lol.
Economic theorys are a labyninth of numbers,theory, formulas. One day I'm sitting there and I realized he had been giving the same lecture for every class. So I'm reading the book, going to class. And one day, like the sun breaking through the clouds, I realized I understood what he was saying lol.
Repetition works. Can be dull at times but it works.
Fake it 'til you make it is a good idea.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HBP,

Well a confirmation of what he's saying in the video has been proven to me again and again in my observation of people.
Case in point my Monday pub outing crowd are primarily inner city blue collar types. Good people overall but they tend to smoke and drink to much, poor diet and pretty much zero financial planning. They get a nice fat overtime check or some other windfall earnings and it's party time.

That certainly doesn't give them much financial security down the road when they reach retirement age. Also quite a few people on social assitance in the Eastern part of the suburbs where I live come the end of the month it's party time then after the first week or so the funds run out and they're looking for handouts and scrounging for the rest of the month and the cycle continues over and over again.

I just shake my head and wonder why they don't get it but it's as if they are caught in a negative loop that they can't break free of.

Excellent video, Bill. We learned some of the more depressing facts in the vid in sociology class at Crowder. People generally remain at or near the level where they are born. This isn't a hard and fast rule however.
I took an economics class and the teacher was great.
But he might as well have been speaking Swahili lol.
Economic theorys are a labyninth of numbers,theory, formulas. One day I'm sitting there and I realized he had been giving the same lecture for every class. So I'm reading the book, going to class. And one day, like the sun breaking through the clouds, I realized I understood what he was saying lol.
Repetition works. Can be dull at times but it works.
Fake it 'til you make it is a good idea.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HBP,

Well a confirmation of what he's saying in the video has been proven to me again and again in my observation of people.
Case in point my Monday pub outing crowd are primarily inner city blue collar types. Good people overall but they tend to smoke and drink to much, poor diet and pretty much zero financial planning. They get a nice fat overtime check or some other windfall earnings and it's party time.

That certainly doesn't give them much financial security down the road when they reach retirement age. Also quite a few people on social assitance in the Eastern part of the suburbs where I live come the end of the month it's party time then after the first week or so the funds run out and they're looking for handouts and scrounging for the rest of the month and the cycle continues over and over again.

I just shake my head and wonder why they don't get it but it's as if they are caught in a negative loop that they can't break free of.

That is very much what you see here. Living for the weekend, money spent before it is earned. Too much debt.
Why these kids are not taught basic r onomics in school is beyond me.
And the young girls get pregnant without thought. They cannot feed the ones they have, and they get pregnant again. Of course the young men are not going to be fathers-they move on to another girl.
I understand one mistake but four or five kids from different fathers is crazy. All paid for by taxpayers. But the children are really doomed. No money saved for college or such things. The kids grow up and repeat the cycle.
I think a woman should only be allowed one accident, and they should understand they will provide for the next one or be charged with neglect. Same for the fathers.
The war on poverty created more poverty. And the jobs for people with no skills are disappearing.
Politicians use such things to obtain power, but I do not believe they care at all.
Oh well, there does come a breaking point.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We won last night 16-5. My boy hit a single, a double and scored 2 RBI’s and grounded out. One of our boys hit a grand slam!!!! That was awesome!! 2 games left.....

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2GF,

There's a weighted blanket on the market that is supposed to help people with sleeping problems, not sure how effective it is might be worth checking out.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m home. Went to my 6 y/o grandsons SuperBowl game. They won in double overtime 13-12. My grandson is the smallest kid out there, but he’s all heart. He didn’t get to play oh but he never missed a practice sick or not....... this is my anger for youth sports........

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread