Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One day a man drove his secretary home after she fell quite ill at work. Although this was an innocent gesture, he decided not to mention it to his wife, who tended to get jealous easily.

Later that night the man and his wife were driving to a restaurant. Suddenly he looked down and spotted a high-heel shoe half hidden under the passenger seat. Not wanting to be conspicuous, he waited until his wife was looking out her window before he scooped up the shoe and tossed it out of the car. With a sigh of relief, he pulled into the restaurant parking lot.

That's when he noticed his wife squirming around in her seat.

"Honey," she asked, "have you seen my other shoe?

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Uncle Bill, my Tampa Bay Rays are Playing in Toronto tonight!!

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You talking smack about my house Scott? If you don't like it you don't have to stay.

No, I'm not talking smack.
I'm merely stating my opinion.

To purchase your house would require much legal proceedings like loan application, forms to fill out and a microscope up my ass regarding my finances.
We both know that I have ZERO credit rating due to my proclivity to save up and purchase via cash.
And, I will have to leave, so please don't be in such a hurry....LOL!
Of course, you know that I can remedy the plumbing and electrical issues with your house but have never needed or been requested to do so.
I only fix what you request and report that which is the "Landlord's responsibility."
I have truly appreciated our relationship and will always call you my Friend.

In regard to a previous post regarding communication with various realtors, this has come to my attention:

1-3781590770

A house built in 1873, a mere 8 years after the Civil War, that has been vacant for some time. With 7 acres. $45,000.
I'm sure that I can do something with this!
I have communicated with the realtor and will meet with them soon to view the property.

More later.....

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen: a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath—a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? Then you are a sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero’s path." Lt Col Grossman

I have always been refereed to as a big ass Irish Wolf hound!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No, I'm not talking smack.
I'm merely stating my opinion.

To purchase your house would require much legal proceedings like loan application, forms to fill out and a microscope up my ass regarding my finances.
We both know that I have ZERO credit rating due to my proclivity to save up and purchase via cash.
And, I will have to leave, so please don't be in such a hurry....LOL!
Of course, you know that I can remedy the plumbing and electrical issues with your house but have never needed or been requested to do so.
I only fix what you request and report that which is the "Landlord's responsibility."
I have truly appreciated our relationship and will always call you my Friend.

In regard to a previous post regarding communication with various realtors, this has come to my attention:

1-3781590770

A house built in 1873, a mere 8 years after the Civil War, that has been vacant for some time. With 7 acres. $45,000.
I'm sure that I can do something with this!
I have communicated with the realtor and will meet with them soon to view the property.

More later.....

Best,

Scott

960 square feet.... A creek near ...Dang. That'd about do for me.

Scott , I resent not being in a position to offer help at a work party come winter should you land on a fixer upper.
Of course , my eviction party would be the eventual result...L.o.l.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scott , I resent not being in a position to offer help at a work party come winter should you land on a fixer upper.

Friend,

My mind races wildly....
How to begin?

A secure place for my possessions as I have to move?
Ah!
A shipping container on the property, thus eliminating the need for a storage unit.

As it is the beginning of summer, I could make the house comfortable to live by fall.

I really don't need all 7 acres...
Perhaps I could eventually sell 4-5 acres and reduce my cost.

Oh, and what about metal detecting the property? :headbang:

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, my Friend.

An opportunity to be near my beloved north Georgia mountains, close to where I work and able to sit on my porch,
drink coffee in the morning and watch deer roam in front of me.

As I play a song while waiting for sunrise.....my guitar in hand, playing along.....

Yes, a simple man with a simple goal....

All that one could ever want.

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Friend,

My mind races wildly....
How to begin?

A secure place for my possessions as I have to move?
Ah!
A shipping container on the property, thus eliminating the need for a storage unit.

As it is the beginning of summer, I could make the house comfortable to live by fall.

I really don't need all 7 acres...
Perhaps I could eventually sell 4-5 acres and reduce my cost.

Oh, and what about metal detecting the property? :headbang:

Best,

Scott

Well , at least you're thinking about options.

Took me a long time lookin to find this shack.
My price range meant looking at lots of unloved ,and worse ,poorly built places.

That does not mean the first place looked at could not have been "the one" though.
Pursuing so long did give a good idea of the market , but was not deliberate.

Some doozies along the way! L.o.l.

Few had the "site within a site" ,let alone the right things wrong with them.
My goal on this place was to have it squared up in a month while living in it.
Got to have goals even if inaccurate ones. Three monthsish later ....it was done. Temporarily anyways.(!)

Depending on the land , it can be leased out to Ag. , like a nearby farmer ect. to cover the taxes in some areas.
Or , a niche crop.
Some examples.
[Growing specialty crops is the perfect way to turn your gardening skills and knowledge into extra income. ...
Gourmet mushrooms. ...
Woody ornamentals. ...
Landscaping trees and shrubs. ...
Willows. ...
Garlic. ...
Bamboo. ...
Herbs.]

Lavender has a receptive market. I've no idea of the soil or clime needs. Folks grow it here though.

There is a market for goats too.....As with everything depending on local demand.
Probably mentioned before the culture(s) wanting certain goats ,and the U.S.D.A. objecting to how they were killed.
Which seemed like over reach to me as long as they were not going on the commercial market , Vs. a customer killing it and taking it home...

Foreclosures are rampant at times and in areas. Ga. has quite a few.
I don't study or chase them.
One looked at had a previous owner that visited at night sometimes to cause damage. (Not a good situation when I was working and would not be there to catch him while away).

My first homestead the original builder (though no legit builder) turned up drunk one night after getting out of prison..Wanting a tour.(!)
He was dealt with in a manner acknowledging his previous efforts. But it was in the past and no longer his place . And he need not return again....

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And, the "Lumper" and I had a conversation yesterday.
The guy I got in his face.....
I saw him walking from the parking lot and approached him.

I said, " Friend, perhaps we got off to the wrong start the other day. I am only concerned with your safety and the equipment."

He said, "I talked with others and realized your commitment. I respect your dedication."

I thought to myself, "One step at a time..."

As he mounted a jack, I said, "Ride safe, my Friend!"

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well , at least you're thinking about options.

Took me a long time lookin to find this shack.
My price range meant looking at lots of unloved ,and worse ,poorly built places.

That does not mean the first place looked at could not have been "the one" though.
Pursuing so long did give a good idea of the market , but was not deliberate.

Some doozies along the way! L.o.l.

Few had the "site within a site" ,let alone the right things wrong with them.
My goal on this place was to have it squared up in a month while living in it.
Got to have goals even if inaccurate ones. Three monthsish later ....it was done. Temporarily anyways.(!)

Depending on the land , it can be leased out to Ag. , like a nearby farmer ect. to cover the taxes in some areas.
Or , a niche crop.
Some examples.
[Growing specialty crops is the perfect way to turn your gardening skills and knowledge into extra income. ...
Gourmet mushrooms. ...
Woody ornamentals. ...
Landscaping trees and shrubs. ...
Willows. ...
Garlic. ...
Bamboo. ...
Herbs.]

Lavender has a receptive market. I've no idea of the soil or clime needs. Folks grow it here though.

There is a market for goats too.....As with everything depending on local demand.
Probably mentioned before the culture(s) wanting certain goats ,and the U.S.D.A. objecting to how they were killed.
Which seemed like over reach to me as long as they were not going on the commercial market , Vs. a customer killing it and taking it home...

Foreclosures are rampant at times and in areas. Ga. has quite a few.
I don't study or chase them.
One looked at had a previous owner that visited at night sometimes to cause damage. (Not a good situation when I was working and would not be there to catch him while away).

My first homestead the original builder (though no legit builder) turned up drunk one night after getting out of prison..Wanting a tour.(!)
He was dealt with in a manner acknowledging his previous efforts. But it was in the past and no longer his place . And he need not return again....

Some have expressed ideas of placing mobile homes on the remaining acres to attract rental payments.

Surely I'll look into that option...
However, do I need that kind of crap in my life?
C'mon Friends, you know me.
What is my best option?

Scott

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK guys... What is it? It has been used as an anvil, but research tells me nada.... zilch. I can't even find the brand name anywhere.

willite 001.JPG

willite 002.JPG

willite 003.JPG

willite 004.JPG

willite 005.JPG

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
OK guys... What is it? It has been used as an anvil, but research tells me nada.... zilch. I can't even find the brand name anywhere.

View attachment 1702513

View attachment 1702514

View attachment 1702515

View attachment 1702516

View attachment 1702517

I found little on a quick search .
A process for asphalt used(uses? an ingredient, or mix called willite.
That came up first , and eventually a request regarding a compand named willite. Which the following link to a page might suggest it was/is not an actual company , as much as a product?
https://books.google.com/books?id=k...#v=onepage&q=american willite company&f=false

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Some have expressed ideas of placing mobile homes on the remaining acres to attract rental payments.

Surely I'll look into that option...
However, do I need that kind of crap in my life?
C'mon Friends, you know me.
What is my best option?

Scott

Your best option might be shelter.
In an area within range of most sought destinations.

How much elbow room you desire Vs. a wall three feet beyond a window.
Traffic,neighborhood ect...

Better to not be seeking a home on much land ,than to need/want land with it. Money-wise usually anyways with smaller lower cost homes.

We have a rental on our road here.
For the first time in years it has tenents that care about being in a polite society.
Takes time and money each time the place is vacated to prep it for the next renter(s).
And the liability of fixing what breaks or fails ,regardless of when and why.
Evictions are a whole nother thing. Not a source of steady revenue.
and certain parties take more time to evict.

Worked with guys that fixed up multiple homes and rented them out.
Kept them busy , and gambling on their worth for/at retirement time for themselves.

Another friend took a hit on what could have been earlier when the market declined due to his timing of parting with some portion of a high dollar real estate portfolio.
( I didn't ask if he lost money, that wouldn't be polite.) . He dealt with many tenants and maintenance a long time. Did alright.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread