Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are real estate prices there these days?

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Not bad. The way I would do it is buy property. My friend has a portable saw mill. What he has done is harvest timber and build a house with it! Sell some of the timber you are money ahead that way. We have talked about building and selling homes...to much overhead.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dinner includes some hot sauce.

View attachment 1271182

We ain't playin' here, Folks!
Spice up dat Ramen, Son!

This here is fire in a bottle! Dig?

(Notice cap tightly in place?)

My Hair sweated and....
Whew! What a cleansing!
"Sushi Saturday" is closing in.....
thumbsup.gif

Got plenty of soy sauce, wasabi, crab, cream cheese, fresh salmon and avocado!

"Where's my 'Dapper Dan' Pomade?"

Damn!
I was looking for pictures of something, but I forgot what....:icon_scratch:

It really doesn't matter, certainly....
'Cause...

I'm ......Studying?

Thanks to all who understand and support a Vet....

We are always ready to lead a fight for Freedom and Democracy!

Though we all are flawed or damaged in some way, we are all unique.
We have a skill.
We have a passion.
We have a thought.
We have a reason.
Therefore.....

Humanity''s collective soul is the world that we all live in.

Until We are together again, my Friends,

My Best Wishes,

Scott

Some words for you.....

"The World I Know"

Has our conscience shown?
Has the sweet breeze blown?
Has all kindness gone?
Hope still lingers on.
I drink myself of newfound pity
Sitting alone in New York City
And I don't know why.

Are we listening?
Hymns of offering.
Have we eyes to see?
Love is gathering.
All the words that I've been reading
Have now started the act of bleeding
Into one.

So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below.
And I laugh at myself
While the tears roll down.
'Cause it's the world I know.
It's the world I know.

"54 40, Lads!"
"Huh? It's WHAT?! 2016?
Sorry.Wrong century.My bad."

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not bad. The way I would do it is buy property. My friend has a portable saw mill. What he has done is harvest timber and build a house with it! Sell some of the timber you are money ahead that way. We have talked about building and selling homes...to much overhead.

I know a few people that have done that. Always seemed like a lot of work to me! Lol!
I built my house myself but I bought all my lumber. It still was too much work! Lol

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you mill your own beams, number one, knot free...you can trade those for studs all day long. He mills lumber fast, very efficient.
I want to build a log home "kit" A few semi truck drops off the material and you go to town on it!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
If you mill your own beams, number one, knot free...you can trade those for studs all day long. He mills lumber fast, very efficient.
I want to build a log home "kit" A few semi truck drops off the material and you go to town on it!!

I originally was going to do this. I even picked out the kit and was lining up a contractor to pour the basement for me. When I was told how difficult obtaining insurance was going to be and how difficult it is to sell a log home because of mortgage companies not liking to write loans for log homes I decided to just build a colonial instead.
Sometimes I wish I had built the log home instead though.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is the wood used. Red cedar.... my fav. 2nd groth Redwood does not have the tannin that the old groth has/had so it rots a lot faster. I should know better ..Years ago I was hired to finish a log home, it was too much for the client. It was treated pine. You can treat it all you like it ain't the correct material.

Now days the ICF home is the trend. Insulated Concrete Form. I think(Viking pours another whiskey...):laughing7::laughing7: Forms that you build the house with, then fill them with concrete, up to 10" walls. But...I work with traditional materials WOOD!
They use metal roofing a lot also. Any color you want, 75 year warranty? Sure better then shingles but I don't install metal roofing....so....
Stick frame 2 by 6 walls always 16" on center. Hardiplank siding.
If I could afford it, Lindal cedar homes for sure!!
You haveta browse around a bit...
Lindal Cedar Homes - Custom Home Plans, Custom Cedar Homes, Log Homes and Sunrooms

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn you guys sure are something.....I'd love to have a nice 3 bedroom log cabin. I have the design in my head......but not the money in my pocket. Like to hang out with some of you guys to learn some skills.....ain't nobody needin no killin no more..... Haha!

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The problem is the wood used. Red cedar.... my fav. 2nd groth Redwood does not have the tannin that the old groth has/had so it rots a lot faster. I should know better ..Years ago I was hired to finish a log home, it was too much for the client. It was treated pine. You can treat it all you like it ain't the correct material.

Now days the ICF home is the trend. Insulated Concrete Form. I think(Viking pours another whiskey...):laughing7::laughing7: Forms that you build the house with, then fill them with concrete, up to 10" walls. But...I work with traditional materials WOOD!
They use metal roofing a lot also. Any color you want, 75 year warranty? Sure better then shingles but I don't install metal roofing....so....
Stick frame 2 by 6 walls always 16" on center. Hardiplank siding.
If I could afford it, Lindal cedar homes for sure!!
You haveta browse around a bit...
Lindal Cedar Homes - Custom Home Plans, Custom Cedar Homes, Log Homes and Sunrooms

I haven't seen icf used for walls up here. But I have seen a fair amount of basements poured with icf. It's for sure the way to go. I poured a slab myself, and I insulated 4' down all around my slab with foam board to ensure no frost got under the slab. It works awesome. I also have the raidient pex in the slab but haven't hooked it up as I also installed a pellet stove and a pellet furnace because of fuel costs. The furnace is identical to this picture.
http://d323w7klwy72q3.cloudfront.net/i/a/2013/20130220midwest/M9201.JPG

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Damn you guys sure are something.....I'd love to have a nice 3 bedroom log cabin. I have the design in my head......but not the money in my pocket. Like to hang out with some of you guys to learn some skills.....ain't nobody needin no killin no more..... Haha!

Come on up this weekend! I am going to start installing a oak floor in the little bedroom I'm finishing...er...provided it doesn't snow...

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DR I would but we are finishing basketball and starting playoffs!

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dram what are any signs and symptoms if all 8 cylinders aren't firing without doing a diagnostic?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey Dram what are any signs and symptoms if all 8 cylinders aren't firing without doing a diagnostic?

Listen to the exhaust note, vibration, check engine light. What's it doing?

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Changed fuel to the expensive stuff. Put injector cleaner in it today so I'll ride that out. It's been pausing only sometimes for no apparent reason like the power wasn't there. Push the accelerator long pause, then it catches up. Not all the time, but sometimes. I think I'll have a tune up done for the heck of it. I had a diagnostic done at Autozone because of the check engine light. They sold me some pressure regulator for the fuel tank. Have to drop the tank. Guy said he did that once but doesn't guarantee the check engine light will stay out......

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Ok, do you smell any gas/fuel out the exhaust? Is it really sooty? I think all this goes back to to much fuel pressure. The thing you got for the tank is not likely the problem. You need a fuel pressure test and verify what the pressure actually is. It's likely the fuel pressure regulator is bad and needs to be changed. Or if previous owner really did install high performance pump it may be making more pressure than the regulator can take care of. I really don't understand why previous owner would have installed such a pump on a truck with a stock motor. Seems really asinine to me. If you keep running with to much pressure it's likely to foul the plugs, plug up the catalytic converters, and cause hesitation and low power...as your experiencing. Let me know...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread