Croatia.... Ah, let the hunt begin this evening!!! :)

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My family and I are heading to Sodici, Croatia for 2 nights/3 days of Metal Detecting (oh yea, and sight seeing)!!!! We will hunt before sun up and after sun down with headlamps. Sooooo looking forward to this trip... My boys are pretty stoked as well. Some beaches are comprised of small pebbles and others with sand... Can wait to see how the ole' XP Deus reacts!!!!! STAY TUNED as I will post any and all finds after each hunt!!! GL & HH!!!!!!!
IMG_4324.jpg IMG_4325.jpg IMG_4326.jpg IMG_4327.jpg

I made 2 of these sand scoops for $17.00 a piece... We shall see how they work. I'm predicting they will break off where the handle meets the PVC pipe on the bottom. For 17 bucks, I felt I couldn't go wrong... If it fails, I will go ahead and pay the 150-200 for the metal ones.

MD'erStEvO

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Croatia!? Really!
I'm lucky to get to the next state. ;)
Interesting scoop. Hope it works well.
GL
Peace ✌

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure sounds interesting.

Cursed forever as the birthplace of the necktie.

We'll be looking forward to your finds!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
..... I'm predicting they will break off where the handle meets the PVC pipe on the bottom....

That is exactly what's going to happen. That's why the sand scoop manufacturers put several ribs/bridges right at that point, because that's were all the stress will be when you start trying to push it in the ground.

Also I notice you only have holes at the bottom. Contrast to standard sand scoops that are mesh/holes all the way around. Hence allowing you to shake out your sand from any/all directions, rather than just down-only.

OP
OP
MD'erStEvO

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom_in_CA,

Hey brother! I will continue to refine this darn scoop. I can see me giving in and buying one of those expensive scoops!! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread