Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug this military button tonight. Any ideas of age? Possible regiment of foot button?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437010271.568742.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437010283.695168.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437010294.641654.jpg

Upvote 5
Prospect Of Whitby Antiques :: Pre 1945 Military and War Memorabilia :: Halifax Nova Scotia

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]61st (South Gloucestershire) Regiment of Foot [SIZE=-1]Soldiers' documents[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=+0]Formed as the 2nd Battalion of 3rd Regiment of Foot, designated the 61st Regiment in 1758 and became the South Gloucestershire Regiment in 1782. [/SIZE][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]The regiment served in Bermuda and Nova Scotia, from 1866 to 1872.[/FONT]

Thanks. You are always helping me out! [emoji2]

SO YOU WENT OUT TODAY MESSING AROUND, GOT A GOOD SIGNAL ON YOUR DETECTOR MADE YOU CURIOUS OF WHAT YOU HAD FOUND. AND AFTER SOME DIGGING AND LORD BEHOLD A 61 ST FOOT REIGEMENT BUTTON BRIGHT, BEAUTIFUL AND BOLD. NICE FIND 79................................ VANZUTPHEN

SO YOU WENT OUT TODAY MESSING AROUND, GOT A GOOD SIGNAL ON YOUR DETECTOR MADE YOU CURIOUS OF WHAT YOU HAD FOUND. AND AFTER SOME DIGGING AND LORD BEHOLD A 61 ST FOOT REIGEMENT BUTTON BRIGHT, BEAUTIFUL AND BOLD. NICE FIND 79................................ VANZUTPHEN

That's about how it happened. Haha

Prospect Of Whitby Antiques :: Pre 1945 Military and War Memorabilia :: Halifax Nova Scotia

61st (South Gloucestershire) Regiment of Foot [SIZE=-1]Soldiers' documents[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0]Formed as the 2nd Battalion of 3rd Regiment of Foot, designated the 61st Regiment in 1758 and became the South Gloucestershire Regiment in 1782. [/SIZE]The regiment served in Bermuda and Nova Scotia, from 1866 to 1872.

Yeap just looking at it, it was an easy late 19th c guess. (Crown type, two piece, plus brass back)

Yeap just looking at it, it was an easy late 19th c guess. (Crown type, two piece, plus brass back)

I had a general idea and love researching my finds but I was so beat from work and hunting that sometimes it's easier to just post stuff and let other people do the solving! Haha

I had a general idea and love researching my finds but I was so beat from work and hunting that sometimes it's easier to just post stuff and let other people do the solving! Haha

I get what you mean & you got a better reply than my easy guess of late 19th C. It was not a stab at anyone, just my observation.

I get what you mean & you got a better reply than my easy guess of late 19th C. It was not a stab at anyone, just my observation.

No stab. Always appreciate your replies! [emoji2]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back