What's new

crown shape thing Solved: military neck stock clasp

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,656
Reaction score
107
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
anyone have any ideas on this? it was on the same property I found the british rev war button, albiet a couple hundred yards away.

Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1212.webp
    IMG_1212.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_1213.webp
    IMG_1213.webp
    57.6 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1214.webp
    IMG_1214.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 446
Re: crown shape thing

Wow, that is a curious item. In the second picture, it almost appears to have some writing of some sort. Have you considered any further cleaning or maybe electrolysis? I'm anxious to see what this is, as well......I haven't got a clue.
 
Upvote 0
Re: crown shape thing

Maybe a leather strap or leather belt adjuster , like you find on a gun sling.
 
Upvote 0
Re: crown shape thing

wells said:
Maybe a leather strap or leather belt adjuster , like you find on a gun sling.
Dang,this is another one...I know I have seen and cant place it!!^^^This was my first thought as well??
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • IMG_0003.webp
    IMG_0003.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0004.webp
    IMG_0004.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 456
Upvote 0
Re: crown shape thing

It is half of a hinge. Most likely for a box.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the help IDing this everyone.

One of these days Pete I'll be able to ID my whatchamacalits on that website, just need to figure out what terms to use to search ;D
 
Upvote 0
BobinSouthVA said:
Thanks for the help IDing this everyone.

One of these days Pete I'll be able to ID my whatchamacalits on that website, just need to figure out what terms to use to search ;D
I hear ya! :wink: all good Buddy. :thumbsup: Don't mine at all myself.You & the family take care & best to ya.
Pete, :hello:
 
Upvote 0
Yep,Bingo Pete!!You did it again!!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
You sure are good, Pete.......a real asset to this forum.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom