What's new

Crucifix Watch Winder

Carolina Relic Hunter

Full Member
Joined
May 30, 2021
Messages
231
Reaction score
1,813
Golden Thread
1
Location
Rock Hill, SC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & 900, Nokta Pulsedive, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last stop of the 5 homesite and this property dates back to the 1700’s and this tiny gem was placed in my finds pouch as trash, a discovered when I got home. I guess this watch required two different sized keys given its design.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3208.webp
    IMG_3208.webp
    437.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3213.webp
    IMG_3213.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3212.webp
    IMG_3212.webp
    381.3 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 46
Nice find.

Pocket watches had movements with separate key-wind (to run the movement) and key-set (to adjust the hands) until stem-wind and stem-set movements began to replace them from the 1850s onwards. They aren't usually seen after about 1870.
 
The last stop of the 5 homesite and this property dates back to the 1700’s and this tiny gem was placed in my finds pouch as trash, a discovered when I got home. I guess this watch required two different sized keys given its design.
really cool find, wtg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom