Cruickshank Beaver Find

Piney

Greenie
Sep 11, 2009
Found a month ago. Head broke when it was retrieved as it had two holes and was very brittle. I have a person who thinks he can restore it for 60.00. Two questions....would you have it restored and would it increase the collector value? Also, do I dare have someone try to restore it and chance it crumbling away??? Hmmmm..... ??? It has the RC touchmark and the little pieces are what's left of the head.
Oh, and where could I find a nice picture of a whole Crushank beaver so the restorer can see what it's supposed to look like?

Attachments

• bvr2.JPG
    bvr2.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 702
  • bvr7.JPG
    bvr7.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 688
  • bvr1.JPG
    bvr1.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 697
  • bvr2.JPG
    bvr2.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 695
  • bvr3.JPG
    bvr3.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 695
  • bvr4.JPG
    bvr4.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 701
  • bvr5.JPG
    bvr5.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 699
  • bvr6.JPG
    bvr6.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 701
  • bvr7.JPG
    bvr7.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 697
  • bvr7.JPG
    bvr7.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 694
Upvote 0

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Crushank Beaver Find

Having it restored would either cause collectors to shy some what away if they are purists , My self I would rather have

it as is, stored in a nice display case with a note about the maker and its origin. What has me concerned is that you say that its

crumbling ? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
P

Piney

Greenie
Sep 11, 2009

I just mean it's fragile...it's hollow and it was in the elements for a long time! I'd love to get it shiney again...but I'm afraid I'd hurt it somehow trying.

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other

As a hunter of Silver I would prefer it not touched , lots of collectors that purchase silver coins or trade silver prefer

the tarnish :icon_thumleft:

Steve0

Feb 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI, Minelab excalibur

And I forgot to say most silver found around there is really tarnished and corroded bad and when rubbed to clean really falls apart better off to leave it alone. Just my opinion

wisconsinwalter

Feb 11, 2009
John,

As a collector, I would appreciate it more if you documented the restore. Many of us who collect high end pieces ,and this would be considered one, wouldnt mind the restore.

When you sell it to another collector, they will invariably tell you it is not worth much as it is damaged, the same holds true if you restored it. So hang on to it and enjoy it for a while.

If you sell it, I already had dibs since I was there. See you tonight

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread