Crush and color

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0545 (600x800).jpg IMG_0546 (768x1024).jpg I have never crushed any ore mechanically. I have a friend who has a new jaw crusher and flail mill. He said if I had anything to crush bring it over some time.I live in an area covered with pocket mines and bigger deeper gold mines I have a prospect on my land. I have a pile of quartz that are chunks that either gave a threshold change on my machine that wouldn't tune out or I hand grabbed and like what I saw with a loupe. Some that are from contacts and some that looked great and are just plain heavy. All in the hopes of crushing them someday. I know where they all came from and have access to TONS of similar ore and numerous lode mines....

Anyhwho I didn't bring any of that Ha ha I brought a sample of a vein that actually started as a crack I was sampling and as I broke pieces out it turned into a decomposed vein. I got a few fresh flakes and wirey bright fines from the hole. And as long as I could keep chipping out the mineralized quartz I did. Brought home like eight pounds of it.
We ran my buddies jaw crusher and it took a nano second to do one pass with my wimpy eight pounds of ore. It was starting to rain and was a bit cold so we didn't run the flail mill to run it down smaller. I put the crush back in the bag. Came home classified to an 1/8 and panned the small stuff(saving what I panned to crush further later) panned down A LOT of Pyrite which I saw from my loupe already. But a lot more smaller crystals and a very dense gray fine material in the pan with bronzier (sic?) pyrites as well.

AND GOLD:thumbsup: I very visible flake a small wirey piece and when you look with the loupe I can see like 10 maybe 100 mesh pieces hard to get them in a picture.
I will be crushing it all down farther and will smelt all of the heavy -100 heavies in the pan just to see what I end up with. I'm sure there is a good ratio of invisible gold as well.
Can't wait to crush more. IMG_0547 (768x1024).jpg IMG_0548 (873x1024).jpg IMG_0550 (768x1024).jpg IMG_0551 (768x1024).jpg IMG_0552 (768x1024).jpg

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Warning! Hard rock mining can become contagious!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning! Hard rock mining can become contagious!

Hi gentleman names Bill I did some hard rock mining for about five years or so with the State of Arizona.
Had a Winkie core drill all set up back then could go about 200 feet down.

I found some ore at an old prospect while searching for an old Spanish Mine.

Here's a shot of it:

View attachment 1136454

I still have all the ore never had it assayed the land is not claimable so I never bothered.

I never looked at it through a loop but I still have it piled outside of my driveway. My wife
also said stop bringing home rocks!

The ledge this came from I believe I have a photo of it also.

View attachment 1136455 View attachment 1136456

Nice looking stuff.

It looks as though whomever had this at one time never really went down very far I don't know if the vein plays out down deeper or not. Like I said though it's not on claimable land but there is an abundance of those samples laying all over the trench.

Thanks for looking,

Bill

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering whether or not I should crush this stuff and pan it?

I almost bought a crusher one time the deal feel through I didn't know that much about it at the time so it slipped through my fingers.

It was a package deal with practically everything you see on the modern TV Shows, shaker table, crusher, small smelter, dredge, drywasher's, metal detectors, powered sluice boxes, Pans, shovels, picks, chemical extracts, testing kits, all for a few thousand. Missed it though and it went to of all places Alaska.

I live in Tucson if anyone's got a crusher down here I have a lot of ore from this mine and others.

Just sitting along my driveway.

Just PM me.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions