Nov 10 crystal.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 414
Upvote 0

Carolina Points

Feb 27, 2008
State Line S.C/N.C
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 2
(crystal quartz) I have found 4 or 5 crystal points here in S.C, they make very nice points. Keep your eyes open its very rare to find them aleast now you know the material is in your area.
Thanks for showing, looks like a piece
Clint

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a rarity to find a nice whole crystal point, here's my only one. I have some that are translucent but not as crystal as this one.

Molly.

Attachments

• Rowan_789.jpg
    Rowan_789.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 349

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Nice find!

From time to time I find crystal flakes in some of the Indian village sites around here. I found a whole crystal one day and then found some nice worked pieces. Pretty amazing seeing that there is no natural crystal within 100 miles of here.

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
AB80 Molly is right, quartz was a hard material for the Ancients to make points from. I'll look to see if I have any. In Arizona you would often find small round crystals that were suppose to be carried in Anasazi medicine bags for good luck. I have a couple of those and lots of points out of vain quartz, Molly is vein quartz crystal?

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gilmerman said:
AB80 Molly is right, quartz was a hard material for the Ancients to make points from. I'll look to see if I have any. In Arizona you would often find small round crystals that were suppose to be carried in Anasazi medicine bags for good luck. I have a couple of those and lots of points out of vain quartz, Molly is vein quartz crystal?

I found a nice round one too just smaller than a golf ball. They were believed to be for looking into, beckening spirits n such. I know hunters today that won't pick them up, very spiritual indeed.

Gilmerman, there is quite a few different types of quartz as you know, I think when ppl refer to crystal quartz, they mean pure, which is completely free of any impurities or veins. I have some beautiful veined quartz. I also have some with impurities making it look green.
The milky quartz is beautiful too, I have a few brokes that actually show knapping, real 'Heartbreakers'.
The point I posted is part pure crystal & white. When I found that one, I was actually looking at the pure part shining in the sun light. I would have liked it to be all pure crystal, but still a pretty point nevertheless.
I have a Quartz rock, big as a fist, with two different colours of gold running through it, somewhere, :icon_scratch: I have to find it, post it. Might be gold.

Molly. ;D

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gilmerman said:

Thanks gilerman... I really love the quartz and crystal. I still need to learn to tell them apart because in many cases, i just cant tell. I found and posted here, a point once (Ill try and find a pic of it as soon as I finish writing this) and thought that it was crystal. It is of such fine quality that you can see through the tip ;D I have a few very nice quartz points....... two with red veins running through them. I always love to find those more than any other. They are also points that show no flaking at all. Just smooth all the way around. Ok... I cant find the pic i wanted but here are two quartz points that I found that seem to be very common where i am at. the one I was looking for is like these but actually see through on the tip.

Attachments

• June 1st.JPG
    June 1st.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 448
  • June 1st.JPG
    June 1st.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 227

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread