CSA Block "I" & 2 Eagle Buttons, Picket Bullet, Guard Plate-Better Pic of Button

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CSA Block "I" & 2 Eagle Buttons, Picket Bullet, Guard Plate-Better Pic of Button

With heavy rain forecast for tomorrow in Tennessee, Josh and I got in a 4 hour hunt this morning at the CSA Camp we have been hunting lately. We dug the relics in the first pic in an area no bigger than 50 yards long by 20 yards wide. We both dug a Burnside carbine bullet and assorted others. Josh got a nice Picket Bullet for a Country Rifle in the 2nd pic that one of Morgan's Men brought from home.
Josh dug the two Eagle buttons-one coat size and a cuff button. The cuff button shows some gold gilt remaining. I dug the brass saddle guard plate used to tie rawhide through the seat to secure the bedroll, etc..
I dug the Block "I' Confederate button with the iron back in the last pic. The back was rusty as usual but the brass front was solid. Josh got all excited. I promised Dman that I would call him and report what we found. He was in therapy when I called. The cell reception where we were left a little to be desired. He said "Did you say Confederate Block "I'? I said that it was. That's when the therapist got on the phone and said Dman had fallen off the table-LOL. Not the best example of a Block "I' but good CS buttons from an early war camp commanded by Gen. Morgan are very rare to recover.
On our hunt last week, I found a terrapin shell in the woods and sent it by Josh to his youngest daughter "Peyton". That's her with her shell in the 3rd pic.
Happy Hunting from Dman, Josh, and myself, Quindy.

Jan. 2011 CW Relics=33

Attachments

• CSA Camp with Josh 1-31--11.jpg
    CSA Camp with Josh 1-31--11.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 897
  • Josh\'s Bullets Picket Bullet in Middle 1-31-11.jpg
    Josh\'s Bullets Picket Bullet in Middle 1-31-11.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 906
  • Peyton.jpg
    Peyton.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 885
  • CSA Block I 1-31-2011.jpg
    CSA Block I 1-31-2011.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: CSA Block "I" & 2 Eagle Buttons, Picket Bullet, Guard Plate, & Cutie with Shell

Nice batch O relics!!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: CSA Block "I" & 2 Eagle Buttons, Picket Bullet, Guard Plate, & Cutie with Shell

:D Great hunt and finds guys :headbang: I think it's safe to say , Peyton will take the turtle shell over those dirty ole buttons any day of the week :laughing7:

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL

great finds. especially like the cutie

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

:headbang:
Now that is another excellent dig Quindy! Those Block I's don't come too often.

I think the Turtle shell is the find of the day :)

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Alright Quin!!! Where was the Email on this one?? Great Find Buddy! Persistence pays off once again! :headbang: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree as I missed this post as well. Love the I button. That is the find of the day. Hope you guys keep it up this season and the relics keep rolling in.
Nice hunt!
TnMtns

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008

great find Quindy.i was at the Dman store this morning and he was real excited about your find. he's chopping at the bit to get out and hunt.he says he feelas another CSA buckle coming his way..was hoping i could get out this afternoon but the weather doesn't look good... keep up the good work.you are killing Dman LOL.

diggin tennessee

Jun 26, 2010
athens, tennessee
Detector(s) used
white's and explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cool finds!

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice block "I" Quindy. I just stopped by a Nashville library to check my messages and had to make a post. Congrats.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE

Wow! Great finds. Looks as if that area will be very productive for you guys for a while. I hope the weather improves so you can really enjoy the site before the summer heat gets here. Congrats

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

jamesbibb said:
Nice batch O relics!!
Thanks James. You ought to know how much fun they are to dig from your posts. HH, Quindy.
CMDiamonddawg said:
:D Great hunt and finds guys :headbang: I think it's safe to say , Peyton will take the turtle shell over those dirty ole buttons any day of the week :laughing7:
I bet you are right Dawg. HH.
Iskuli said:
great finds. especially like the cutie
She's just a little doll and thanks for looking. HH.
Woodland Detectors 4-H said:
:headbang:
Now that is another excellent dig Quindy! Those Block I's don't come too often.

I think the Turtle shell is the find of the day :)
Thanks Mike. I hated to give it up-LOL. HH, Quindy.
{Sentinel} said:
Alright Quin!!! Where was the Email on this one?? Great Find Buddy! Persistence pays off once again! :headbang: :icon_thumleft: :wink:
Josh,. after I returned home on Monday, a guy delivered two loads of hay rolls for me which I had to unload. By that time, it was almost dark and I just barely got the post up. That's why you didn't receive your usual preview email-LOL. HH, Bud.
TnMountains said:
I agree as I missed this post as well. Love the I button. That is the find of the day. Hope you guys keep it up this season and the relics keep rolling in.
Nice hunt!
TnMtns
Thanks Richard. I really liked the arrowheads you found while walking around with your detector last weekend. That's like killing two birds with one stone. Stay warm, Quindy.
rebelrouser said:
great find Quindy.i was at the Dman store this morning and he was real excited about your find. he's chopping at the bit to get out and hunt.he says he feelas another CSA buckle coming his way..was hoping i could get out this afternoon but the weather doesn't look good... keep up the good work.you are killing Dman LOL.
Thanks Don. He is ready to hunt for sure. Quindy.
diggin tennessee said:
cool finds!
Thanks DT and good hunting!!
treasurehound said:
Nice block "I" Quindy. I just stopped by a Nashville library to check my messages and had to make a post. Congrats.
I figured you were rehearsing for the Grand Ole Opry Randy. Thanks for taking your timne to reply. Quindy.
nc-joe said:
Wow! Great finds. Looks as if that area will be very productive for you guys for a while. I hope the weather improves so you can really enjoy the site before the summer heat gets here. Congrats
Thanks Joe. I thought we had pretty well cleaned it out but I guess not. Thanks for looking, Quindy

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac

Great finds guys, love that I button!!! Killer start this year
Guy

traverdog

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Henderson, Nv
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Beach Surfer

Really nice finds.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Tnrelicman said:
Great finds guys, love that I button!!! Killer start this year
Guy
Thanks Guy. We had a good month hunting here despite the weather. I just wish Dman could have been able to hunt too. Looks like more snow for us this weekend. HH, Quindy.
traverdog said:
Really nice finds.
Thanks for looking and taking your time to reply T-Dog. Quindy.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: CSA Block "I" & 2 Eagle Buttons, Picket Bullet, Guard Plate-Better Pic of Button

darkwing_66 said:
sweet finds congrats
Thanks DW. Our days to hunt will be limited due to weather next week too. Thanks for looking from Bama and HH.

fireman4youu

Oct 11, 2006
Millbrook, AL
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: CSA Block "I" & 2 Eagle Buttons, Picket Bullet, Guard Plate-Better Pic of Button

Very Nice.

This weather here in Bama is killing me... I'm stuck in the house, enjoying everyone else finds.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

Great Buttons and relics :thumbsup:
awesome Turtle :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread