What's new

🥇 BANNER CSA!!!!!! WHOO HOO!

TK in VA

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
30
Reaction score
51
Golden Thread
1
Location
Front Royal
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was complaining on Friday that the "good old days" of detecting were gone. So I decided to hit a regular spot of mine that is always good for a couple of bullets. It's a large area and alot of it has been graded. You just find pockets of stuff here and there. Well, I decided to go back to a little knoll that had yielded some enfields and gardners in the past. I started finding them close together-like four enfields in a three foot area. So I slowly started working my way out... And then I got a very high buckle reading. I thought, another big piece of scrap.- The place is loaded with scap. Anyways, I dig and dig, get down about 12 inches and see an edge of green... Popped it out and about had a heart attack!!! CSA! Perfect condition with the remnants of belt still in the hooks! Never believed I would find one. It's been 25 years of hunting off and on. I've found plates and buttons, but nothing like this. It's just beautiful! I thank the Lord for helping find it. I can't seem to resize most of my pics enough, but here are a couple
 

Attachments

  • 4.bmp
    4.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,391
  • 6.bmp
    6.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 1,199
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on that. Still looking for mine
 
Free Program; IrfanView. Download, drag and drop your photo, then Image; Resize/Resample and pick size,
I usually use 800x600 pixel, then save as in what ever folder and done. Great free program, for all type of stuff;
resize, crop, do panorama view. Only takes few seconds after you get use to the program.
 
Wow !!!!! What a great CSA buckle !!!!! A great piece of Southern History !!!!! Congradulations !!!!! Every southerner's dream find !!!!!!!!!!!!! B A N N E R !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
A truly awesome find! Congratulations. :thumbsup:
 
Here are some new pics
 

Attachments

BEAUTIFUL find TK! Can't wait till I find one. I image it's quite a feeling sitting there by the hole you found it in. In all your excitement and at the same time processing how and when it fell there. I hope it was a peaceful place and moment that you keep a long time.
 
Fantastic plate and one that is less common in Virginia....mostly find the CS Tongue and Wreaths here....Congratulations on the Banner!
 
Man! Banner all the way! Amazing find, A friend found one down here a coupla weeks ago, Congrats to both of you.
 
Congratulation.
 
Congrats on the beautiful plate!
 
Nice plate dude, congrats wvdigginduck
 
Whoo Hoo is right !!
Big congrats on the rare beauty :hello2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom