What's new

CTX 3030 improved seal question

GreenMeanie

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
716
Reaction score
309
Golden Thread
0
Location
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you use the new and improved seal from minelab on the old battery. I called KellyCo and they seemed dumbfounded by the question.

Also anyone selling the new seal? I know about buying replacement o-rings but wanted the seal from minelab.
 
Found the other thread stinks you cant use the new seal on the old battery.
 
Minelab is a metal detecting company....not an ROV company. I've been replacing tmy orings for various equipment such as camera housing , magnetometers, flash lights....

When you look at the size and quality of'the ML orings compared to the one used to seal prpfessional housing box for various applications: you can only smile and be scared to use them underwater.
 
I believe the answer is Yes. I emailed minelab and asked about the battery for the upgraded machine versus the older version, and was told that they are interchangeable. So I would have to think the new o ring is just something that is a little thicker. As fr stated, and I am on the same, I use a thicker o ring but I use something made of neoprene.

There is the email:

Debbie Smikoski <Debbie.Smikoski@minelabamericas.com>

Jan 24

to me, Info
Thank you for being a Minelab customer. The answer to your question is yes, the new battery and the original are interchangeable.



Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 23, 2016, at 12:45 PM, nc digger wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have an older model of your ctx 3030. I will be getting my wife one soon, my question is does the battery pack on the new version work with the older version?
>
> Thank You in Advance,
>

Hope this helps!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom