Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe this will help some as i have zero access to gold coins.
Best of Luck!

pic233592.jpg

Pic is from another site!

OP
OP
Auger tones

Auger tones

May 12, 2014
Bozeman MT
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool thanks for the response! I have found a few gold rings myself and one platinum. But nothing to the amount you have great collection! I am going to assume that gold coatings will ring up close to the same. If I find anything good I will post from my ghost Town hunt

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks but not my collection! Wish it were! Lol!

Here is what I found on yet another post:

$2.50 quarter eagles at 12.21, $5.00 half eagles landed at 12.30, the $10.00 eagles hit at 12.37-38 and finally the $20.00 double eagles came in at 12.40-41! The testing was performed with at least 2 coins of each denomination for each of the last two series of coins.

Another source:

OP
OP
Auger tones

Auger tones

May 12, 2014
Bozeman MT
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet thank you! They hit a little higher than I thought they would. This should be pretty valuable being is that this area is turn-of-the-century and I have already found barbers an Indian heads. Wish me luck on the gold coin!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have also seen that the $1 gold coin rings up as a 12-10 (I wish I owned one to test it myself). Of course, when dealing with soil over the coin and possibly being on angled, you should probably drop a couple CO points just to be safe.

Watching that video, his gold coin (which he never identifies! :BangHead: ) was coming in as 08-09 so I am guessing it's a $1 coin.

I have been trying like hell to get a gold coin from my ghost town! Over 60 coins with 40+ Indians, many silvers, tokens and jewelry with a gold ring found so far. I dig everything from around CO10 and up but haven't found a gold coin yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Auger tones

Auger tones

May 12, 2014
Bozeman MT
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah no doubt I'm going to dig everything look for my fines on Sunday night

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah no doubt I'm going to dig everything look for my fines on Sunday night

having the machine wide open and digging in two tone ferrous, you'll be missing very little. Best of luck and hope that you'll see a yellow disk laying in the overturned soil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread