What's new

CTX Issue.. help if you can

scotty544

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2013
Messages
624
Reaction score
203
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:BangHead:Seems that my machines threshold is almost always blanked out from the lower right quadrant and the discrimination killing the hummm... I switch to P2 and opened the bottom right corner up and then I get a constant bonk bonk bonk...really annoying and I feel like that I am missing high tones and a lot of the tones are really getting clipped down (audio is set at normal response) So what is your suggestions...I dropped the sens. below 17 with no luck..same with auto plus 2.. also did the noise cancel (many times) and even resorted to GB on....this was the same in 4 locations spread over 30 plus miles...almost never a threshold with the Gone Hunting Program...:BangHead:
 
Have you tried the master reset?
 
Have you tried the master reset?
No reset yet, I plan on trying the ground coin setting next time and switching the audio channel off of channel 11...I am a noob with this machine and any minelab for that matter...still learning all the ins and outs of this machine..thanks.
 
Sorry, I don't understand what you trying to describe.
 
Unless you have done some customizing on your programs I recommend you do the master reset, it restores to factory settings, it can fix a lot of issues. All you have to do after you do the reset is select your language.
 
Are you using 50 tone conductive?
 
Sorry, I don't understand what you trying to describe.
I guess it is the minerals in my ground or something...the threshold completely disappears anytime the coil is within one foot of the ground..if you look at my search screen the iron sector in the bottom right quadrant is constantly hitting a tone or if I switch my discrimination to open up the bottom right corner of the discrimination the tone is constantly hitting the low iron tones...running ground coin or ferrous coin..GB on or off..sensitivity in manual below 20 all I get is bonk bonk bonk bonk..never stops until I discriminate out the quadrant again, then my threshold is gone again and any tone is severely clipped. I always do the noise cancel and it makes no difference..running the headphones in channel 11 .. pattern is the combined ferrous...also tried fast on/fast off deep on/deep off and a combo of fast and deep on...nothing helps..if this is normal then I got suckered
 
Last edited:
Unless you have done some customizing on your programs I recommend you do the master reset, it restores to factory settings, it can fix a lot of issues. All you have to do after you do the reset is select your language.
Starting to look like this may be my next step..thanks
 
Have you tried auto selection for the channel on WM10 headphones?

Do you have a cell phone near by that could be causing too much EMI?

Are you wearing steel toe boots?

Are you using the rechargeable battery pack, or the 8 separate batteries?

If the 8 separate batteries, are they all the same kind? Don't mix rechargeable with standard, or nicad with lithium.

Just trying to think of things that could be causing a problem.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
check to make sure your coil and controller cables are screwed on fully, but don't crank down on them. Have you tried another area? It could be you are trying it in a bad spot full of iron? Just throwing out ideas, if you can't find a solution, see if you can someone else with a CTX and try comparing notes or putting on their coil to see if your coil is bad.
 
LOL.......I just noticed my spelling error in the post above.......

I didn't mean stolen boots (as in steal toe), I meant to type steel toe! LOL........

Thanks spell police for not taking the micky out of me!
 
Misspelling corrected.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!
 
Thanks, I hate when I make stupid mistakes like that. :icon_thumleft:
 
Where are you located at in Arkansas? I would be happy to try and meet up with you at some point so you can see how my CTX acts, I have been very happy with mine.
 
Well, have you tried anything yet? results?
 
I am going to try the factory reset, haven't fooled with it lately
 
I'd suggest you do the reset and run combined tones in the coin program first. If that works ok, then put in the gone hunting program. If you still don't hear the threshold and you've tried it in an area without a lot of iron present, it might need to go in for repair. Generally, the threshold only blanks over iron. I run an open screen and can hear the iron.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom