What's new

Culling some collections

dougachim

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2013
Messages
590
Reaction score
1,223
Golden Thread
0
Location
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going thru some boxes. I have lots of Southwest Indian artifacts, metal detecting finds, rocks and minerals. If anyone is interested let me know and I will send photos.
 
Here is the first batch
 

Attachments

  • IMGP9378.webp
    IMGP9378.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • IMGP9379.webp
    IMGP9379.webp
    1 MB · Views: 84
  • IMGP9380.webp
    IMGP9380.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • IMGP9382.webp
    IMGP9382.webp
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMGP9382.webp
    IMGP9382.webp
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMGP9383.webp
    IMGP9383.webp
    292.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMGP9384.webp
    IMGP9384.webp
    362.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMGP9385.webp
    IMGP9385.webp
    309.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMGP9386.webp
    IMGP9386.webp
    358.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMGP9389.webp
    IMGP9389.webp
    482.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMGP9390.webp
    IMGP9390.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • IMGP9391.webp
    IMGP9391.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
  • IMGP9394.webp
    IMGP9394.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
minerals
 

Attachments

  • IMGP9399.webp
    IMGP9399.webp
    960.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMGP9398.webp
    IMGP9398.webp
    800 KB · Views: 80
  • IMGP9397.webp
    IMGP9397.webp
    507.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMGP9396.webp
    IMGP9396.webp
    1 MB · Views: 79
All this stuff is for sale.
Doug,
Cool stuff, I’m looking for “Thunder eggs” for my grandkids. You got any I’ll buy some from you. And uhhh, as you warned a guy about his finds, our state is run by some idiots and I’d be careful showing off all those Indian artifacts? Just a warning, a buddy of mine was collecting pottery shards on public land and got busted and a huge fine $$ from the state and had to turn it all over to the state? Any who, nice collection. Sarge
 
Doug,
Cool stuff, I’m looking for “Thunder eggs” for my grandkids. You got any I’ll buy some from you. And uhhh, as you warned a guy about his finds, our state is run by some idiots and I’d be careful showing off all those Indian artifacts? Just a warning, a buddy of mine was collecting pottery shards on public land and got busted and a huge fine $$ from the state and had to turn it all over to the state? Any who, nice collection. Sarge
The blm has already been to my house and left pissed they are all legal from old collections. I have archaeologist's that contract with the feds borrowing stuff to use in their work. If someone buys a pot they will get a release with all the finders and my info on it. points and shards are legal if found on private land, points are legal to surface hunt on blm land so far. I got some of this stuff in trade from New Mexico Museums. Baker Ranch Luna County New Mexico thunder eggs cut and polished $30 to $75. the pink chalcedony flat is $150. I have more some where from other local mines about the same prices if you want me to get you photos.
 

Attachments

  • IMGP9399.webp
    IMGP9399.webp
    960.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMGP9396.webp
    IMGP9396.webp
    1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMGP9298.webp
    IMGP9298.webp
    987.7 KB · Views: 74
The blm has already been to my house and left pissed they are all legal from old collections. I have archaeologist's that contract with the feds borrowing stuff to use in their work. If someone buys a pot they will get a release with all the finders and my info on it. points and shards are legal if found on private land, points are legal to surface hunt on blm land so far. I got some of this stuff in trade from New Mexico Museums. Baker Ranch Luna County New Mexico thunder eggs cut and polished $30 to $75. the pink chalcedony flat is $150. I have more some where from other local mines about the same prices if you want me to get you photos.
Then your “Good to Go!”

Looking for raw uncut Thunder Eggs (TE), thanks! Right now I’m buy on Ebay so my grandkids can get a sampling from all over the country and we cut them ourselves. I’ve found a Few (TE) here in New Mexico but all white quartz inside? The ones from other states have color. OUT
 
Then your “Good to Go!”

Looking for raw uncut Thunder Eggs (TE), thanks! Right now I’m buy on Ebay so my grandkids can get a sampling from all over the country and we cut them ourselves. I’ve found a Few (TE) here in New Mexico but all white quartz inside? The ones from other states have color. OUT
I am going to say New Mexico and Chihuahua have the best agates. There are agate mines all over Luna County and the line continues into Chihuahua a couple hundred miles.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom