Curb strip hunting with the Mojave again!

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to do a little curb strip hunting again with the Mojave. Weather today was overcast with a chance of rain and 45 degrees, perfect detecting weather. Mojave as usual running smooth with the switch on high. The houses that are behind these curb strip are late 1800, early 1900 houses but haven't found anything yet earlier than a 1909 wheat. All the coins other than clad I have pulled out have been in the 5 to 6 inch range. Funny thing was while I was detecting it a guy approached me and said he and others had hit the curb strip before and mostly just found clad and such. I asked him what he was using and he said a whites coin master. I have never used one but do know that entry level machines in my soil are terrible with depth. I told him all I was finding was clad also, didn't have the heart to tell him I was cleaning it up.lo . anyhow had another good day with the Mojave. The dimes are my 27 and 28 silver dimes thus year so far.

Attachments

• 20170305_124514.jpg
    20170305_124514.jpg
    754.7 KB · Views: 110

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
28th silver dime this year..!?
I need to hit some curb strips!

OP
OP
W

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I have only gotten 4 silvers with the Mojave. My CTX and CZ has gotten all the rest.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should receive my new Mojave this week, and will hit the curb strips when it gets warmer in Connecticut. Good hunting and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread