What's new

Curious about this tooth

schance

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Newport, NJ
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found this tooth and arrowhead the other day on the beach in New Jersey. Any ideas what it is? I'm thinking maybe horse.
Also found these long cylinder objects made out of light stone or graphite on the beach. They are not old but I'm just curious if anyone knows what they could be.
 

Attachments

  • tooth and arrowhead 4-13.webp
    tooth and arrowhead 4-13.webp
    230.8 KB · Views: 141
  • more finds.webp
    more finds.webp
    236 KB · Views: 134
  • rods.webp
    rods.webp
    246.1 KB · Views: 131
The tooth is Horse i believe, the arrowhead is very nice, and the graphite cores are from old batteries.
 
Real nice finds for a NJ beach.
I'll speculate horse also. Point looks pretty recently exposed.
 
The tooth is Horse i believe, the arrowhead is very nice, and the graphite cores are from old batteries.

Thanks for responding. I thought that it may be a horse tooth. I knew that the graphite cores were not old but had no idea what they were.
 
Real nice finds for a NJ beach.
I'll speculate horse also. Point looks pretty recently exposed.

Thanks for the response. Was really happy to find that horse tooth. Usually have to travel out of state to find anything good. I imagine that the arrowhead was probably washed out of hiding during Hurricane Sandy. It really stirred things up around here.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom