Custom car magazine score

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
As some of you know I'm an old muscle car & hotrod guy. So I tend to lean towards automotive related stuff when out poking around. Popped into a small junk store I had never noticed before and the lady had a box on the floor full of old magazines. When I asked how much she said $1 each or she would do much better in volume. Maybe half of them were recent issues and pretty worthless so I picked out all of the small size (5x8) magazines and asked for a price on the lot of those. $10 bucks she says.. In total I got just over 50 magazines all from the late 50s & early 60s. The heyday of rods & customs and highly collectible. They are roughly half the size of a modern magazine. The pics are about half of them just to show what they look like. Kept about 10 really mint ones with various names to display in my shop office and sold the rest on a hotrod forum I belong to 3 days later for $150. :headbang:

Attachments

• IMG_2928.JPG
    IMG_2928.JPG
    901.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2929.JPG
    IMG_2929.JPG
    942.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2930.JPG
    IMG_2930.JPG
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 99

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You don't see a collection like that every day. I still remember my mom buying for me my first Rod magazines. It had Tommy Ivos 4 wheel drive 4 engine dragster on the cover. I thought that thing was so cool. I remember that same car was in one of those old Frankly Avalon, Annette Funicello movies I use to watch.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to this day I can still ID a Buick nail head

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread