What's new

Custom Carry On Flight Case.

Paul Revere’s Ghost

Full Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2024
Messages
128
Reaction score
275
Golden Thread
0
Total cost $0. because everything was kicking around the house. Carry on case. Packing foam from a purchased medicine cabinet. PVC glue. The airlines and TSA want all devices with lithium batteries secured so they can’t accidentally turn on. This design ensures that. Holds an entire Xterra Elite with an extra coil. Still room for plug in headphones, and a pinpointer. The telescoping shaft will go in my checked bag as I had a similar device confiscated once going to a job in Texas. They insisted it was equivalent to a telescoping baton.
Hopefully there’ll be no issues. I cut the foam with a pocket knife and formed the section layering with PVC glue. It takes 12 hours to cure, and three days to stop stinking. Easy to make. Enjoy.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4578.webp
    IMG_4578.webp
    3.5 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4577.webp
    IMG_4577.webp
    4.2 MB · Views: 60
Total cost $0. because everything was kicking around the house. Carry on case. Packing foam from a purchased medicine cabinet. PVC glue. The airlines and TSA want all devices with lithium batteries secured so they can’t accidentally turn on. This design ensures that. Holds an entire Xterra Elite with an extra coil. Still room for plug in headphones, and a pinpointer. The telescoping shaft will go in my checked bag as I had a similar device confiscated once going to a job in Texas. They insisted it was equivalent to a telescoping baton.
Hopefully there’ll be no issues. I cut the foam with a pocket knife and formed the section layering with PVC glue. It takes 12 hours to cure, and three days to stop stinking. Easy to make. Enjoy.
Just a quick follow up. I went to Ft Lauderdale beach last week for spring break hunting. The case worked flawlessly and was flagged by TSA in Boston. They opened it and went right to the 9V battery in the pointer. He told me as long as I have that battery I’ll be flagged. I watched in real time as their software picks out every item in your bag and puts them in a group on the screen. Amazing.👍 so I gave the battery to a hotel worker. From now on ALL my detecting equipment goes in the BIG hard case checked bag, pinpointer stays home, and I just ordered a new approved under seat duffel where I’ll put the Xterra E control inside a small foam wrapper and keep it with me. Anxiety free travel from now on. Next stop Myrtle Beach. Oh yea. Found one small 19.5 K gold pendant. Place was LOADED with hunters day and night.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4763.webp
    IMG_4763.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 39

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom