Customising your Beach Detector...

seabumm

Mar 22, 2012
Southern, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf II, Whites Beach 300,and Whites Surf PI.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OK'' call me different, but I can't stand looking like everybody else, My detector has got tobe 1 of a kind""
I've re-couped 7 of these so far...its EZ, anybody can do it.
I got the Idea from a guy in Southern Cal.
Goodluck All,,See you on the beach'' HH.

PS....Food for thought :-) surfpi1.jpg

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks Nice SeaBum, Did a Good Job, I still have alot to do & learn about my Whites PI...My thing is how to calm the chatter on that Baby......thanks for sharing....joe

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck. Hamid

OP
OP
seabumm

seabumm

Mar 22, 2012
Southern, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf II, Whites Beach 300,and Whites Surf PI.
Primary Interest:
Chatter??? Thats odd'' Whens the last time you had it checked out?
Thats very unusuall, Your Headphones might be getting Squeel Squak...ever heard that term before? Its Condensation ,believe it or not it happends alot (especially with Whites)
I know how to fix that problem...PM me, I'll give you Instructions. HH.

Looks Nice SeaBum, Did a Good Job, I still have alot to do & learn about my Whites PI...My thing is how to calm the chatter on that Baby......thanks for sharing....joe

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job you did there.......

All of mine have the straight shaft on them...Both of my 2 Excals now have custom coils hardwired on as well as the straight shafts. One has the SEF 12x15 Butterfly coil on and the other has the WOT on...

In the picture below my Sov GT has the SEF 15x18" Butterfly coil on it, I sold my custom waterproofed Sov GT last Christmas, and I replaced the 10" coil on the Excal on the left with a SEF 12X15" Butterfly coil..

DSCF2033.jpg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Straight fiberglass shaft, adjustable cuffs, adjustable power handle, knobs upright and right at the elbow, and a WOT. Pull two pins and I can quickly hang the control box around my neck with the attached lanyard.
detect1.jpg

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Chatter
huh.gif
Thats odd'' Whens the last time you had it checked out?
Thats very unusuall, Your Headphones might be getting Squeel Squak...ever heard that term before? Its Condensation ,believe it or not it happends alot (especially with Whites)
I know how to fix that problem...PM me, I'll give you Instructions. HH.
It's almost new, Maybe used it 5 or 6 hunts. I have a set of headphones I made just to capture the audio of the DF....once I get some video I'll post so you can hear....Thanks a million...

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
9.jpg Frankensovereign (2).jpg Backpack Frank .jpg Custom Sovereign...remote PP, water proof bag, cable clams, 8 in excal II coil, all cables internal on straitshaft, had planned on a Amp for it but to much power for the beach..

. SNAG-0011.jpg DSC_4840 (2).jpg

seapro1

Apr 27, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Excalibur 1000, Fisher CZ-70
Primary Interest:
I've got my excal so modified, I just put it in the water, go back and sit on the beach and wait for it to return. Dang thing still hasn't returned!!!!!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got my excal so modified, I just put it in the water, go back and sit on the beach and wait for it to return. Dang thing still hasn't returned!!!!!!

That's funny. I've been trying to teach mine to find gold every time out but it's like talking to a wall!

Last edited:

jim/wpb

Apr 2, 2008
West Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, F75SE, Excalibur, Whites Dual Field, Aqua Sound
Primary Interest:
Treasure Hunter Nice Mods!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Since picture was taken I have sold the waterproofed sov gt, but still own the rest
I bought a mint condition ETrac with funds from the sov sale.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Seabumm, I would like to hear more about the chatter issue. OBN, I had the coil on my DF replaced this year. Had a wave break the coil mounting bolt and when it broke it also broke one of the mounting ears on the coil. Whites replaced it and had it back very quickly. However, the new coil has a much smoother sounding threashhold. The volumn is much more quiet also. I had to go into the battery compartment and turn up the volumn quite a bit to get it to sound anywhere close to what the original coil did. You may have to turn your volumn down inside the unit and that may help some. Just a thought. All I know is anytime I have to send in a detector and the coil is replaced, I worry about what the machine will be like when it comes back. No two coils are exactly alike, and some for whatever reason are much hotter than others. I liked my original coil better and although it had more chatter to the threashhold, it also picked up items deeper and the deep weak gold signals just seemed to jump out a little better to me.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
They are rare, Shaun built a handful and ebayed most...They are great on land, and I would bet Florida in the wetsand, but on the MidAtlantic shores, with the 8 inch coil the amp was just to much power with the salt n minerials, it would false the moment you made any deviation in the swing, if it was not a level swing, the lowest point you would get a false. On land it would get a freshly buried penny at 13 inch's and that was with the small excalibur 7.25 coil.. Most you will see on findmalls classified.

Show all posts by user
all of shaun's post on the Amp

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[OBN I use the whites DF and mine falses in the salt water when wave goe's buy but works great in fresh water. i hunted with surfnturf today in fresh water and I was within ten feet of him and no falsing at all
and on the beach I can't get within 30 feet of him because he has an excall, Thought it was cool to be so close in fresh water and no falseing, we had fun today, no gold though maybe next time.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread