What's new

CUT 1721 PISTAREEN, 1716 2 SKILLING DANSKE, BUTTONS AND LEAD

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
1,405
Golden Thread
2
Location
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with my neighbor Andy and we hit a few sites in a far away county. Since it was Friday, it was tough to find the owners of the properties we've researched but eventually got a hold of one and he graciously gave us the go-ahead. This property contains a site of a 1660's banqueting hall but I had a feeling it would be hard to locate. We first hit a part of the property where the farmer told us contained a bunch of unusual stones and we ended up finding a few buttons but not much else. We finally strolled over to where I though the banqueting hall site was and started to hit iron and saw some scattered oyster shell. I first found a couple of tombac buttons then I pulled out the 1716 2 skilling danske coin. Not two feet away I scored the cut pistareen. Things slowed after that and we pulled out a few more buttons before it was time for me get home. Not sure if that was the banqueting hall site so we'll definitely be going back to scout some more. Thanks for looking.

PB120264.webp PB110261.webp PB120266.webp

PB110253.webp
 
Upvote 62
Abe....Oh yeah. If his posts were a steak, it would be savored nibble by nibble until it grew mold. Lol.

Says the guy that posts a trime in 2 separate threads lol. That's taking it to another level man
 
Nice finds...love the Spanish sikver!
 
Nice Digs Mr. Fresh :thumbsup:
 
Says the guy that posts a trime in 2 separate threads lol. That's taking it to another level man

Haha. I was thinking of continuing both threads but the mods might kill me. Yep, totally by accident, I swear!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom