What's new

CUT 1723 PISTAREEN, HUNTING DOG CUFFLINK, GEM CUFF LINK & MORE

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
1,423
Reaction score
1,874
Golden Thread
1
Location
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back on the colonial site today. Initially we tried another field right beside where we were but other than a stray tombac there was nothing else. So we headed back to the colonial site we recently discovered and got some nice stuff. Later in the day we tried further out past the ridge and wouldnt you know it - another hot spot down in the valley. But this one is thick with shell and brick. So thick you can barely get a shovel through it. The lead and pewter started showing and then BAM up comes the cut piece at the very same time my wife dug the large ornamental thingy. Then tired, we left. We'll get back soon. Gotta be more out here for sure. Wouldnt be surprised to see another cut pistereen come up. Or even a cob. So lucky to get that date on the cut Spanish! The one item looks like a cast tobacco jar lid. If not, it appears to be the lid from something. I got one complete cast button and almost another. These kinds of sites are my favorite.

:headbang:

 

Attachments

  • DSCN1141.webp
    DSCN1141.webp
    407.9 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN1146.webp
    DSCN1146.webp
    647.8 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN1143.webp
    DSCN1143.webp
    816.8 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN1142.webp
    DSCN1142.webp
    638.2 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN1148.webp
    DSCN1148.webp
    595.5 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN1150.webp
    DSCN1150.webp
    616.6 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN1157.webp
    DSCN1157.webp
    428.2 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN1152.webp
    DSCN1152.webp
    809.2 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCN1153.webp
    DSCN1153.webp
    889.9 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN1162.webp
    DSCN1162.webp
    861.6 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN1177.webp
    DSCN1177.webp
    391.3 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN1174.webp
    DSCN1174.webp
    490.7 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCN1168.webp
    DSCN1168.webp
    356.1 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN1170.webp
    DSCN1170.webp
    348.2 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN1166.webp
    DSCN1166.webp
    550.3 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN1165.webp
    DSCN1165.webp
    249.7 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCN1167.webp
    DSCN1167.webp
    557.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN1156.webp
    DSCN1156.webp
    544 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN1159.webp
    DSCN1159.webp
    581.4 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCN1154.webp
    DSCN1154.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Upvote 42
Nice selection of old finds.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Your on it!Awesome selection of finds, congratulations on the cut silver, and beauty links. Ya you got to go back to this one and suck it dry.
 
I like the dog button and Spanish equally, but had the full cufflink been there the relic would be the easy winner for me.
 
I like the dog button and Spanish equally, but had the full cufflink been there the relic would be the easy winner for me.
You mean the glass one? I have a couple dozen but never found two still connected. That'd be a treat.
 
You mean the glass one? I have a couple dozen but never found two still connected. That'd be a treat.


I meant the dog one, but the glass would be great too. I'd like ti find an intact Stuart Crystal link.... so far 3 single buttons.
 
I meant the dog one, but the glass would be great too. I'd like ti find an intact Stuart Crystal link.... so far 3 single buttons.
Got it. Yes, would like to find either but prefer a full set of the dogs.
 
Fantastic site Gary,
Looks like you could pick though there for a good while.
There are definitely the real fun ones!!
The cut pistareen is killer, glad you got the side with the date..
 
Great finds. The buttons are unique, especially the bent flat button. Hope you can pull a few more silvers from the site.
 
sweet finds love the dog cuff and the Spanish...still haven't found a cut Spanish
 
Awesome finds, I particularly like the cut pistareen!

Great hunt
 
Great group of finds gwdigger. I like the pistareen, but the dog cufflink is just awesome. Solid with a perfect green patina. Nice hunt :thumbsup:
 
Very nice finds, Congrats :icon_thumright:
 
Here's an item my wife found. Looks like a decorative ornamental piece. Any ideas if thats correct?
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1183.webp
    DSCN1183.webp
    343.4 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN1184.webp
    DSCN1184.webp
    474.8 KB · Views: 147
Congrats on the really nice selection of relics. The cut silver makes my mouth water!
 
Just caught this thread....
I must say... You have found an awesome example...
In fact lets call it...
"Textbook"... cut pistareen.
It is crisp... and pefect cut...

IMO this PERFECT cut crisp is a banner all day long.

Wd... tis a phenom coin... and would be a "cherry" to any collection.
 
Thanks for the comments guys. This is turning out to be one fantastic site. I got a video capturing a lot of it. Again, I was giddy with excitement from the cut pistareen. They're more like relics than coins to me. Like cobs, each is just a little different - similar to snow flakes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom