CUT MASS SILVER & 1699 COB & CUT 1717 2R & 2 BIT BOSSES & MORE!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Dream hunt! Congratulations on the fantastic finds.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A little late to the party so to speak, and it looks like you really partied hard once again at the site. Congrats on the cut silver along with cob. It's such a big posting I'm not sure if you or somebody else commented on the debased looking coin or is it just a button? in photos #12/13. Amazing assortment your getting from the site, and digging that amount of targets doesn't happen often.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for just now responding CP, but I've been out of town attending a funeral. That was an absolutely incredible day you had! You may only run across 2-3 sites like this in your lifetime so I know this must be a big rush for you. Those are exactly the sites I strive to find with my research, but they're hard to locate. Sometimes you just have to get lucky. I'm glad someone was able to ID your cut tree coin. Hopefully you can get it straightened out. I flattened some of my bent hammered using the "hot oil method" that I outlined in one of my articles. If you're interested in that PM me your email address and I'll shoot you a copy of the 2009 article. With the quantity of finds that keeps coming from this site it appears you have a long way to go, and I'm sure more early silver will be discovered. Have fun with it, and don't forget to look for those trash pits which are sure to be lucrative.

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool finds. I am just getting started and realize that you generally don't fall into sites. You have to do your homework. Great Job

OP
OP
Cross Potent

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cleaned the heavily corroded/ encrusted halfpenny. Surprised to see it be a King George II young head. Don't know the exact date but its 1729-1739. If I had to guess I'd say 1733. Same era as the 1st Mexican cob I found here nearly 14 months ago when I found this place.

Last edited:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Cleaned the heavily corroded/ encrusted halfpenny. Surprised to see it be a King George II young head. Don't know the exact date but its 1729-1739. If I had to guess I'd say 1733. Same era as the 1st Mexican cob I found here nearly 14 months ago when I found this place.

Wooohoooo! Nice!

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've got some great finds, and more importantly, you're onto a great site with a huge volume of quality 17th century finds. You can probably be pounding a spot like that for a long time to come. You can't ever really turn your back on a site like that as there's always more to find. There's some awesome coins waiting out there for you. I'm so jelly. You've probably seen this cool period image for bridle bosses, but just in case you haven't, take a look.

don-gonzalo-fernc3a1ndez-de-cc3b3rdoba-by-wenceslaus-hollar-about-1620-source-university-of-toro.jpg

fggggggggg.jpg

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds:thumbsup: love the cut silver :love10:

sutphin

Gold Member