What's new

cuyahoga river ohio

bluetick352

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 8, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
cuyahoga falls ohio
Has eny one herd or know the legend of the Indians in this area hideing gold along the river they are getting ready to rip out the dams in Cuyahoga falls and there supposed treasure all long it
 
I lived in the state park for a while... never heard of it...intresting story though.
 
I've never heard of indians hiding gold along the river but I've read a few articles about pirates that made their way up the Mississippi ending up on the Cuyahoga, and story has it hid treasure along the river.
 
Wow! This is news to me! I lived and grew up in Cuyahoga Falls for over 25 years! I'm curious about it now. Where did you hear about it?
 
Where did they get the gold from?
 
Native Americans didn't value gold as far as I know. In New Mexico tribes were known to bury mines after the Pueblo Revolt.
 
I herd of it from a older guy use to work with and my dad said a guy at his work has herd of it plus he said there is a supposed cave that runs a long way that hasent Ben exposed since the dams were built I am hopping when they take them out they be revealed
 
I have not herd that story I will look into it thanks for the info I was told were the gold is suppost to be the river is so deep with muck is why it can't be found the cave part I gest herd about a few months ago there is a cave here in the falls that is known for Indian activity and it is along the river
 
Hi bluetick 352. My name is Keith. I live in Akron, and have done some research on the caves there on the Cuyahoga river. Only reference I came across about the caves was when the old amusement part was there in the early 1900's people used to hide coins in the caves in glass jars for other people to find. Send me a PM and maybe we can get together for a hunt. Take care..HH
 
Hey bula dirt dog send me a PM. Live close by and am looking for local people to hunt with. I live in akron...HH
 
I don't know about any gold, but there will be all kinds of good stuff buried in the silt behind an old dam. I would want to screen every inch of it. I lived in Elyria years ago, and I'd love to dig out behind the dam there......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom