What's new

CW buckle find near Berlin....

Erdspiegel

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
285
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Berlin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6a
XP-GmaxxII
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello!

Here's a find,which I made 2 years ago at a dump site near Berlin/Germany.I think it' s a 1840 pattern Union States buckle.
Do you wonder now??? I will explain:

After the first bomb attack by allies at Berlin,the rubble was taken to a farmers field,used as a dump site for this time.The people who lived in the houses,before breaking down,were almost rich citizens.And a few were antik collectors.So it is possible to get finds from acient times,napoleonic wars,romans,creeks,barrock,french revolution,nazi-party,WW1,or even CW at this dumb site.
I was very surprised by getting this buckle there;believe me. :icon_sunny:

Greetings from Gernany, Sven
 

Attachments

  • CW-buckle.webp
    CW-buckle.webp
    77.9 KB · Views: 557
  • CW-buckle,reverse.webp
    CW-buckle,reverse.webp
    89.4 KB · Views: 564
Upvote 0
That must of been a lot of research for you to find out that much History.
Congrats,on your find.It looks to be in pretty good shape,even tho it has a little lead missing
on the back.Awesome find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fortbball9
 
Great find!!! I cant find one of those here in the U.S. Again, a great find...d2
 
Nice buckle

At various times over the years I've had connections with THers in Belgium and Germany. I was able to purchase some great WWII dug relics from them. They are among my favorite treasures.

Thanks for posting.

Badger
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom