What's new

CW Buckle? No! Its a Garter Clasp!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
5,249
Reaction score
1,102
Golden Thread
1
Location
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
CW Buckle? No! It's a Garter Clasp!

I found this tiny buckle (?) last week at the site where my friends and I found many CW era buttons and coins (including the tiny 1851 3 cent piece in the photo). We have a theory that it may be an undocumented civil war camp. Many eagle buttons and Naval buttons and other various artifacts are being found there.

I can barely make out the letters on the bevel... "BRIGHT..." Possibly Brighton? I need help IDing this.
 

Attachments

  • P3240003_01.webp
    P3240003_01.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 365
Re: CW Buckle?

It's half of a two piece broken buckle. Not enough there for me to ID. Anyone else? Monty
 
Upvote 0
Re: CW Buckle?

There were 2 piece buckles that small but I think they might have gone on suspenders. Kuger will probably know though.
 
Upvote 0
Re: CW Buckle?

It's the top part of a garter, and Brighton made garters. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • Garters.webp
    Garters.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 271
Upvote 0
Re: CW Buckle?

Darn
I think Breezie is right. WTG girl. :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0
Re: CW Buckle?

vayank54 said:
Darn
I think Breezie is right. WTG girl. :notworthy:


:icon_thumright:

Based on what I have found on the web, it is turn of the last century.
 
Upvote 0
Re: CW Buckle? No! It's a Garter Clasp!

4-H said:
Nice ID neighbor!

:thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom