• 02-26-2005 07;44;49AM (2).jpg
    02-26-2005 07;44;49AM (2).jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 247
Upvote 0

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska
Re: CW bullet ID's

cant really tell about the left one,but it looks to be a Burnside. Does it have a shallow dished base or solid base?

OP
OP
C

chef50

Feb 19, 2005

Hi Daniel, the "Burnside" is a totally soild bullet, flat bottomed, the other has a very slight cup in the bottom....these were droped by the Army of Tennessee in 1863 as the camped in my area...after the battle of Nashville. Hope this helps...Thanks for taking the time to write...Steve in Tenn.

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska

no problem dude.....If I remember right the Burnside is .54 cal,and the other one seems to be about the same calibre.Looks like a .54 cal minie,but there are so many different varieties.Do you have the M&M book?

B

bulletcc99

Hey,

The one on the left is a .54 cal Burnside carbine bullet. The one on the right is a .54 cal Merrill carbine. Nice finds, I don't know the MM numbers off the top of my head.

Later,
Kieran Carroll

S

stoneman

I got some civel war cast iron grape shot they are about 1 & 1/4 inch wide & weigh 4 .5 oz. average weight, also a lot of lead bullets of different varieties. I would be glad to post photos if I knew how. I have the camera for it. GRRRRRR. >:( ???

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska

stoneman you betetr get photo smart now and get some pictures posted for us lol....I wanna see them minie balls.What exactly do you need help with in order to post the pictures?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions