Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting with other two MDers and enjoyed ourselves even if not a very productive day. Other than a few clad coins the best to turn up was these two CW bullets. The area we were searching had both a Colonial and CW history associated with it.

One smashed flat with a blacksmith made square nail having been driven through the skirt area and the other a fairly perfect unfired bullet. The smashed one seems to be of the same type as the good one. If you squint real hard you can see the rings match.

If anyone can identify the good bullet I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• CIMG1167.jpg
    CIMG1167.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 328
  • CIMG1168.jpg
    CIMG1168.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 324
  • CIMG1169.jpg
    CIMG1169.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
Very nice finds. Keep looking you might find more there. HH.......

the bullet on the right appears to be a Gardner bullet...mostly used by Confederate side.

Thanks for the ID gxray. And thanks for the good comments from everyone else.

Do these have any monetary value or are they just curiosities? If they have value what would anyone estimate?

Mac In NC said:
Thanks for the ID gxray. And thanks for the good comments from everyone else.

Do these have any monetary value or are they just curiosities? If they have value what would anyone estimate?
Around 2 bucks for most bullets. I have several confederate Gardners and they are priceless to me. Cool find and if I were you keep hunting that area. The place where I found my Gardners, I also found a script I button, a block I button and 3 block A buttons. Confederate stuff is real hard to find in these parts so it's like gold to me. Great find on yours. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back