T turfnsurf Greenie Joined Apr 1, 2017 Messages 12 Reaction score 16 Golden Thread 0 Location FLA Detector(s) used AT Pro, Sandshark Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 1, 2017 #1 Hello, I need help with this latest find. I have seen a lot of designs but want to ask if anyone can tell exactly where this came from. Upvote 0
Hello, I need help with this latest find. I have seen a lot of designs but want to ask if anyone can tell exactly where this came from.
fyrffytr1 Gold Member Joined Mar 5, 2010 Messages 7,742 Reaction score 12,710 Golden Thread 0 Location Southwest Georgia Detector(s) used XP Deus, White's DFX Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 1, 2017 #2 It's a General service button and dates from 1854-1901.Yours appears to have a raised shield and that would date it after the civil war. Can you read the backmark?
It's a General service button and dates from 1854-1901.Yours appears to have a raised shield and that would date it after the civil war. Can you read the backmark?
T turfnsurf Greenie Joined Apr 1, 2017 Messages 12 Reaction score 16 Golden Thread 0 Location FLA Detector(s) used AT Pro, Sandshark Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 2, 2017 Thread Owner #3 Thanks for the info. It has no writing on the back.