CW Finds on The Ridge

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Joe and I got out to Confederate Ridge and the finds
were a little slow coming. There is SOOOO much property.
It's hard to know, even with the research, where the troops
were exactly.
I got some pretty cool finds though.

Handmade Hoof pick
4 Three ringers
2 Flat Buttons
Colonial Buckle (small)
Underwear button
Percussion Cap
Handmade 2" wrench (Found in Crouch's book)

Attachments

• IMG_7282.JPG
    IMG_7282.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_7284.JPG
    IMG_7284.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 734
  • IMG_7285.JPG
    IMG_7285.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 733
Upvote 0
Sweet!

Hey man, whats the iron piece...bottom of first pic kindof to the left? I found the same piece in a camp...just wondering if you knew. I thought mine was part of a bayonet when I first found it, but now I feel like it is some sort of tool...

Neat finds. I love hunting old relics......

crashbro17x said:
Sweet!

Hey man, whats the iron piece...bottom of first pic kindof to the left? I found the same piece in a camp...just wondering if you knew. I thought mine was part of a bayonet when I first found it, but now I feel like it is some sort of tool...

I don't know yet, CB. That is the second on I've found.
Someone will enlighten us eventually.

tymcmurray said:
crashbro17x said:
Sweet!

I don't know yet, CB. That is the second on I've found.
Someone will enlighten us eventually.

Cool...When I noticed it in the picture...I was wondering if you might know...Like you said, maybe somebody will enlighten us!

Great job Ty.
I love those finds that we can ID in Crouch's CW relics book. Congrats. :thumbsup:
Was that underwear button from a Hane's or Fruit of the Loom brand? :tongue3: :wink:
Nice digs buddy,
MM

Nice finds Ty. I found a wrench like the one in your picturre of the book labeled #3. Is crouch's book available online?

rtde3 said:
Good stuff Ty!
It's always cool when you can ID something like that. But when you have a picture of one in the book that looks just like the one you found, It don't get no better than that.
Nice hunt! :thumbsup:

Yeah! for being Hand Forged, I wouldn't expect the designs to
be so similar! Thanks!

ModernMiner said:
Great job Ty.
I love those finds that we can ID in Crouch's CW relics book. Congrats. :thumbsup:
Was that underwear button from a Hane's or Fruit of the Loom brand? :tongue3: :wink:
Nice digs buddy,
MM

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Nice iron relics there Ty :thumbsup: There are some really good iron relics out there to be had and this is a good example.....Hey, I've dug plenty of those square 2" nuts ;D ;D....how bout you? Could make it a set. Still not a bad day, got you some buttons, lead, iron, and even a colonial buckle. Good day bud :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wink:

Great finds!!May I ask what book is that???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back