CW finds today

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Today , I revisited a yard where I had found a buried mason jar full of old marbles last year. I was told the overgrowth had been cleared and there was a pile of coal in the yard yielding old bottles and marbles. I scanned the yard and only came up with things like automobile thermostats and malt liquor bottle caps. No treasure to speak of. I stopped by the coin shop and had the guy test the unmarked ring i found yesterday. It is 10 kt gold. On my way home , I stopped by a farm adjacent to a CW battlefield. I hunted this farm last yr and found a few bullets and shell fragments. Well, today was no different. I found a bullet and 2 cannonball fragments and the brass ring base of a parrot shell.

Thanx for looking and HH y'all

Attachments

• DSC00092.JPG
    DSC00092.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 351
  • DSC00093.JPG
    DSC00093.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 346
  • DSC00094.JPG
    DSC00094.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 352
  • DSC00095.JPG
    DSC00095.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 349
Upvote 0
Nothing wrong with finding shell frags. I'll dig 'em all day long. What is the bullet? It's kind of hard to tell from the pic but looks like it could be a better one.

vayank54 said:
Nothing wrong with finding shell frags. I'll dig 'em all day long. What is the bullet? It's kind of hard to tell from the pic but looks like it could be a better one.
it's a fired 3 ringer .58 cal

Cool finds, I am still patiently waiting to dig my first piece of cannon ball.

Nice Frags :icon_thumleft: You guys are lucky to be able to dig CW relics!

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

Nice finds. I like the part of the parrot shell.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back