Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CW Store Card and other 1800's coins

Got out on Sunday (Fathers Day) to the park where I found my LC cent a week ago (Park Recon Hunt) and it has some good hidden treasures within its borders.

One of the neighbors who lives across the street came over to shoot the bull and to see if we were finding anything. I gave him a look at a couple of coins and then showed him the trash pouch. He said that there had been a lot of people in the past 35 years detect this small park, but it's obvious they didn't get it all.

No sense in showing him all the goodies ;D

The Canadian is almost worn smooth on the reverse, but I was able to make out a date of 1882 with the help of a magnifying glass.

The Buffalo is a 1916 and doesn't show the date well unless held in the light at just the right angle.

We put in about 5 hours before the sun and humidity finally forced us to quit for the day

This is the first CW Store Card I have ever pulled.

Attachments

• Obverse 6-19-2011.jpg
    Obverse 6-19-2011.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 328
  • Reverse 6-19-2011.jpg
    Reverse 6-19-2011.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 235
  • Obverse 6-19-2011 - Copy.jpg
    Obverse 6-19-2011 - Copy.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 434
  • Store Card Reverse.jpg
    Store Card Reverse.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 214

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: CW Store Card and other 1800's coins

Love the civil war token. Nice finds.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the silver,IH, and token. The token is really cool great find.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

Dang DJH those are some great finds. That Store Card is Stellar to say the least. Those are freaking hard to come by. Do you have any idea what the rarity is on that one? I used to have the guide for those. I will try to look it up. I am sure that one is a good one. I can't imagine a local Livery place would make too many of them. Congrats on the great finds my friend. :thumbsup: Thats at minimum a HOOSIER BANNER find :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jgas said:
Dang DJH those are some great finds. That Store Card is Stellar to say the least. Those are freaking hard to come by. Do you have any idea what the rarity is on that one? I used to have the guide for those. I will try to look it up. I am sure that one is a good one. I can't imagine a local Livery place would make too many of them. Congrats on the great finds my friend. :thumbsup: Thats at minimum a HOOSIER BANNER find :thumbsup: jgas

Thanks jgas for the Hoosier Banner vote ;D

Rarity wise, I have no clue. If you have a book and can look it up, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if you could give the title of your reference book, that would be great.

It probably wouldn't hurt to have one on hand at home.

I did a Google search for the Livery Stable Token and came up with one that sold on Ebay item# 110688509827. It went for $47.97 and I don't think it is in as great as condition as the one I found, but I will let others be the judge, so as to not be prejudice.

Until next time
Be safe out there :icon_thumleft:
DJH

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

The book/ or pdf file is what I was using If I remember right. I never really had the book. Sorry. But it has to be fairly rare I would think and most command anywhere from $50 to $400. I will try to search for that token site again and down load it. I think its a good one and thats all that really matters, right ? :tongue3: jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions