CW War Buttons, Virginia State seal buttons, and more...

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
[FONT=&quot]With the excellent weather this weekend, decided to spend it swinging. Was well pleased with the finds. It's not quantity sometimes but quality. No coins to speak of but made up for it with buttons! The top is a big ol tombac that is always fun to dig. After that a nice [/FONT][FONT=&quot]colonial[/FONT][FONT=&quot] flat button, a lot going on with that one in terms of fancy (at least for me). Then...Civil War galore! Two varying sized General Service buttons that are quite fragile but still there. Also pulled my first two Confederate Virginia State Seal buttons!! The first is a bit worn but nice back mark and the second is a real beauty and I think possibly rare as the sword is pointed up on that one? Last but not least...some shoe buckle frameage. With the exception of the tombac, all finds thereafter found in one place. I'd say a great spot indeed![/FONT][FONT=&quot] HH!
-Hunter

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

[/FONT]

Attachments

• IMG_5549.JPG
    IMG_5549.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 251
  • IMG_5550.JPG
    IMG_5550.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_5551.JPG
    IMG_5551.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 186
  • IMG_5552.JPG
    IMG_5552.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 186
  • IMG_5553.JPG
    IMG_5553.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_5554.JPG
    IMG_5554.JPG
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_5555.JPG
    IMG_5555.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_5556.JPG
    IMG_5556.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_5557.JPG
    IMG_5557.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5558.JPG
    IMG_5558.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_5559.JPG
    IMG_5559.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 177
Upvote 24

money mike

Greenie
May 20, 2018
clarksville,indiana
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800, garrett at pro, max, 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[FONT=&quot]With the excellent weather this weekend, decided to spend it swinging. Was well pleased with the finds. It's not quantity sometimes but quality. No coins to speak of but made up for it with buttons! The top is a big ol tombac that is always fun to dig. After that a nice colonial flat button, a lot going on with that one in terms of fancy (at least for me). Then...Civil War galore! Two varying sized General Service buttons that are quite fragile but still there. Also pulled my first two Confederate Virginia State Seal buttons!! The first is a bit worn but nice back mark and the second is a real beauty and I think possibly rare as the sword is pointed up on that one? Last but not least...some shoe buckle frameage. With the exception of the tombac, all finds thereafter found in one place. I'd say a great spot indeed! HH!
-Hunter

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php