What's new

Virginia Civil War Button

Msgtbaker

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
I dug this button in Hagerstown, MD yesterday. I dug this in an area that was part of a long Confederate Trench line after the Gettysburg Battle. Ironically I dug several Eagle General service buttons there, but this was the first Confederate dug by me there. Virginia State Seal Civil War Coat Button (W. Wildt & Son Richmond VA) I believe it may be a rare one, anyone have any info on it?
 

Attachments

  • 468313442_10169785969195463_5823022709530739139_n.webp
    468313442_10169785969195463_5823022709530739139_n.webp
    152.4 KB · Views: 155
  • thumbnail.webp
    thumbnail.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 35
Very nice !
 
Nice find.

My best guess is a va244 (Alberts va21). Assuming it is a 23mm? Confederate local manufactured. There are others on here that are much better at buttons than me, so i may get corrected.
 
Nice find.

My best guess is a va244 (Alberts va21). Assuming it is a 23mm? Confederate local manufactured. There are others on here that are much better at buttons than me, so i may get corrected.
I appears to be 23mm
 
Nice find !! iT'S a KEEPER
 
I dug this button in Hagerstown, MD yesterday. I dug this in an area that was part of a long Confederate Trench line after the Gettysburg Battle. Ironically I dug several Eagle General service buttons there, but this was the first Confederate dug by me there. Virginia State Seal Civil War Coat Button (W. Wildt & Son Richmond VA) I believe it may be a rare one, anyone have any info on it?
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Nice button! Those are rare to dig. Congratulations!
 
I dug this button in Hagerstown, MD yesterday. I dug this in an area that was part of a long Confederate Trench line after the Gettysburg Battle. Ironically I dug several Eagle General service buttons there, but this was the first Confederate dug by me there. Virginia State Seal Civil War Coat Button (W. Wildt & Son Richmond VA) I believe it may be a rare one, anyone have any info on it?
sweet button, great save
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom