Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dave, The Fisher CZ-20 is not like the Impulse at all which is a pulse. Both however last forever on the batteries it seems. Fisher will not transfer any warranty's. In fact, with them purchased by First Texas (Bounty Hunter) I wonder just how good the warranty is and if they will honor the older purchases.

Fisher CZ-20 is not the only water detector out there with tone ID. There is the Whites Beach Hunter II, which is OK for most hunters. But for the best ID water detector you can't go wrong with a Minelab Excalibur, either a 800 or 1000.

Ebay is a good place to get a item for a cheap price. However, I have to wonder why someone would sell such a great detector and not keep it as a back-up, or give it to a relative. What happens if it doesn't work correctly? Perhaps the seller is just trying to earn enough to pay for their car payments. Let me know what you decide.

Good luck,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread