What's new

CZ21 When to dig question

adamBomb

Hero Member
Joined
May 30, 2014
Messages
650
Reaction score
553
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hunt in all metal (autotone) and then switch to 0 on a hit to see if its iron or not. I do not dig the iron as there are tons of fishing scraps on my beaches - probably 80% of the hits. Anyway, if I hear the low tone + a mid/high tone, should I be digging? I guess I just need to do it and see what I start to come up with but figured I would ask. I also realize there could be gold and iron in the same spot.
 
There are a lot of gold rings that will sound off in the iron setting. Since the digging is easy just scoop and see what is there. A Low and High tone is a dig.:thumbsup:
 
Here is my advice in conjunction to Sandman, after using my CZ-20 twice a week for a year. Set it to Autotune (All Metal), Sens 9-10, GB-Depending on your soil, Boost 9, hug the sand closely nice even swings if yo have heavy iron content soil slow down your swing. If you get a hit on all metal switch the knob to 0 and listen to the Disc response if its Mid Tone or High Tone Dig, if Autotune gives you a very faint response on an object and switching to disc gives you a low iron tone DIG !!! it prob is gold or a good target.. My two cents i love that heavy beast.
 
Last edited:
"if Autotune gives you a very faint response on an object and switching to disc gives you a low iron tone DIG !!! it prob is gold or a good target.."

Or if a faint tone in Autotune and it disappears when you switch to disc, dig it anyway because Autotune reaches deeper.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom