Dads Nebo Spring 2011 & Family Artifact Trip

PaleoHunter

Nov 28, 2011
Heartland
Primary Interest:
Other
Dad's Nebo Spring 2011 & Family Artifact Trip

This past spring I was fortunate enough to take 3 generations of my family all at once to one of my favorite campsites! My mom and dad, my wife and my 2 boys...ages 4 and 2 all piled in the car and headed out. It was an adventure just getting there, we pretty much storm chased a severe thunderstorm for the entire road trip that early morning, at one point we had to pull off at a gas station because of what we later found out was 70 mph straight line winds! It all worked out...when we finally arrived, the clouds opened and the sun popped out...we all had a great day, I will eventually post pictures from that very special day in the field...heck my 4 year old actually found a broken crude tool! This is a picture of my dad's nebo he found that day...he was very excited and that full nebo saved the day...it was our only full point...good job dad!!
dadsnebo.jpg

Re: Dad's Nebo Spring 2011 & Family Artifact Trip

At least the trip produced could have gone the other way as well ,must have been a little mud too fresh goods after the storm.Family artifact trip has a special ring to it congrats PH.

it was a blast and a special day...probably walked over a few that day...was too busy making sure my 4 and 2 year olds weren't walking on the new corn that was popping out!! farmer would kill me!! Will post some pictures soon.

Thats a really nice point! I have been enjoying your posts of late........

I am wondering how certain you are that it is a Nebo? From the pic I see, it looks too well made and too pressure flaked for Nebo. Maybe you have a Sedalia or Agate Basin? Hard to tell without holding it. Is the base ground? Is the cross section lenticular or diamond?

Just curious.

Matt

Hello Matt G- to be honest I really don't know if these points are Nebo or not. To be honest, I have been calling them Nebo because a farmer years ago told me this is what I found. I will post more pictures of these types of points I have found and maybe you can tell the difference for me. I really don't know...the cross section question on "lenticular or diamond" is above my knowledge level...but I love it! I want to learn more. Please explain more for me and others what this means and what I should be looking for. Maybe these are Agate Basin or Sedalia's? Is Nebo, Agate, and Sedalia all same time periods...is so what are they dated at. Thanks for the observation comments and I will post more of these points very soon. Thanks in advance!

My kids used to go with me when they were little. Those were the really fun memories. Congratulations to your dad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back