Daggone if my depleted (I thought) camp didn't give me a first!

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMG_2296.JPG
IMG_2295.JPG
The camp site I've been hammering since 2013 is the only place I've ever found more buttons than bullets. GS Eagles, also A and I varieties; New York, Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. Countless flats. And the best day ever, found my only hut site with 250 dropped bullets and lots of other stuff. I was thinking I had pretty much depleted the site, and then just out-of-the-blue, I had a crazy good day. Found only my second Lined-A ever (And this one is hammered flat as a dime, including shank. Game piece or poker chip I'm sure). Also found my only US Greatcoat button ever. Is this button on the rare side? Or just unusual in my area? How many of you have found one? Just a darn good day for a change.

Upvote 38

93vector

Feb 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
View attachment 2021672 View attachment 2021671 The camp site I've been hammering since 2013 is the only place I've ever found more buttons than bullets. GS Eagles, also A and I varieties; New York, Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. Countless flats. And the best day ever, found my only hut site with 250 dropped bullets and lots of other stuff. I was thinking I had pretty much depleted the site, and then just out-of-the-blue, I had a crazy good day. Found only my second Lined-A ever (And this one is hammered flat as a dime, including shank. Game piece or poker chip I'm sure). Also found my only US Greatcoat button ever. Is this button on the rare side? Or just unusual in my area? How many of you have found one? Just a darn good day for a change.
Wow awesome!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2021672 View attachment 2021671 The camp site I've been hammering since 2013 is the only place I've ever found more buttons than bullets. GS Eagles, also A and I varieties; New York, Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. Countless flats. And the best day ever, found my only hut site with 250 dropped bullets and lots of other stuff. I was thinking I had pretty much depleted the site, and then just out-of-the-blue, I had a crazy good day. Found only my second Lined-A ever (And this one is hammered flat as a dime, including shank. Game piece or poker chip I'm sure). Also found my only US Greatcoat button ever. Is this button on the rare side? Or just unusual in my area? How many of you have found one? Just a darn good day for a change.
OMG! That’s a good haul! Congratulations!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realized long ago that the moment you think you've discovered everything from a particular site you end up finding something completely unexpected there and then realize there's more where that came from.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
one heckuva haul

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simply incredible finds- Congrats!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you're killin' it! Great finds? What does the "A" stand for? Thanks for sharing 👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread