Damn the bum knee-full speed ahead

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
I haven't been detecting in a while since a knee injury has kept me kinda hobbled. Two weeks of anti-inflamatories hasn't helped and, knowing now that they probably have to (literrally) go in and take a look, I figured no additional damage could be done from a short hunt so I spent about 45 minutes last night before dusk hunting a schoolyard where Mirage, Nate and I have found many silvers over the years. Last night I focused on a small patch that we pretty much have overlooked I think.
The second Merc had me smiling but the biggest smile was a complete surprise when from 7-8" deep came the 1833 Large cent. Probably brought in with fill when the school was built in the 1930's. A few wheaties fit right in with the 41 and 45 Mercs.
100_1818.jpg

After a little cleaning, this one has the most detail of any LC I have dug
100_1820.jpg

100_1822.jpg

All of 'em cleaned a bit
100_1825.jpg

I guess I am posting again here on TNet because...well..because....just BECAUSE! (actually, it's because I really haven't found THAT many old coppers and it really got me fired up...I called Bob just moments after it came out of the ground)

HH all!

Upvote 0

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
keep it up mding is good exercise

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
How ya doin Nick? How's the wife?

I kinda miss being on here but...things change ya know?

I still detected a LOT after I began my hiatus from TNet, but kep a very low profile.

It was a day of detecting in Feb. that caused the knee injury (ironic no?)

PA

Mar 18, 2009
hi danimall,

you did good sir. keep hitting that farm hard. go get more now. :thumbsup:

henry

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
PA said:
hi danimall,

you did good sir. keep hitting that farm hard. go get more now. :thumbsup:

henry

Henry,
No farm here...this was at a schoolyard in a Cleveland suburb!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey!! GREAT to see you posting! 8) And what some finds! That LC is a beauty, Dan! :o I know you're proud of that one. Hope your knee heals quickly for ya. :)

Nana

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Wow, you lucky son of a gun! I have dug 7 old coppers, and none of them look anywhere near that good! Way to go!

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
There's no reason due to your geographical area that you can't find more of those coppers. That one is in great shape. Congratulations.
Chris

Some things never change :D

Big difference between don't and can't Zeus. The difference is mainly time spent doing.

Thanks for the compliment.

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Hope your knee gets better soon.I know what it is like not to be MDing for a while.I just had to have my hip replaced.But,it wont be long now.Surgery is the best thing that I ever had done.
Congrats on a beautiful LG cent.It is in pretty good shape for the age in the dirt. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fortbball9

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice copper Dan.

Sorry, To hear about your knee man. How long till you think you will have surgery on it. And how long will you be down.

I know the fealing. My shoulder got hurt a few weeks ago at work. Still bothering me some. Been having some great sucess down here this yr. You'll have to come down for a hunt when you get well.

Take care,

Jeremy

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Jeremy,
I'll be honest. Now that I am done with the drugs and it still hurts, I am kind of afraid to go back and have it looked into further. Last thing I want is to be on crutches for a while, etc.
I keep hoping that it'll just slowly go away. I have NOT been kind to my body the last several decades and I think it is catching up to me.
You know I would love to come and visit you and your bro again for a hunt. There's something about hunting in PA that gets me excited for old finds.

On a side note, Spencer made the starting pitching rotation on the Varsity team! (he's a freshman and just turned 15 a few weeks ago). His first start is supposed to be this week, but the weather doesn't look good. He did get to throw two innings in a scrimmage against a rival team last week and looked great, with 3Ks.
100B1744.jpg

PA

Mar 18, 2009
hi danimal,

i resized the first picture for you. it looks much better now.

it is good to see you son playing for the varsity team in 9th grade. i to was put on the varsity football team in 9th. i made all conference that year and all state in 10, 11, and 12th grade. i hope he does good this year.

henry

Attachments

• 100_1818.jpg
    100_1818.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 394

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread