What's new

Damn you Mother Nature

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2012
Messages
1,840
Reaction score
2,414
Golden Thread
0
Location
S.E. Michigan.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
14 inches of snow ,yesterday and last night, 3 ft drifts, cold and windy, still snowing:BangHead:................remind me again why I live here:icon_scratch: Spring seems like a distant dream!! Federal offices, schools,... Post Office, Buses, everything closed!
 
Mother Nature.... what do you expect from a women?

What has she got to do with it? Blame OLD MAN WINTER for this white mess.

It's not a regular thing here to have so much snow at -20 with a windchill of -33, which makes it just nasty for doing the clean up.
 
I gave up measuring, But it just keeps stacking up.
And with one wheel Drive & a long Driveway.
no idea when I'll be able to drive again

DSCF0001.webp

DSCF0002.webp

next Snow Storms are now expected Wednesday/Thursday & Saturday/Sunday :(
 
My boots were full of snow, before I got the snow blower out of the garage!!
 
I know what ya mean Coop! I've had the winter doldrums and wondered what I used to do to get over it -
Oh yeah, 30 years later it came to me - with a new purchase last week - just fly through winter!
 

Attachments

  • 015.webp
    015.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 90
Nope. Not here. I finally commend MN and OMW.
This has been the best winter in a decade here. Last winter �� was bad.
Ground has continually been easily dug, (woods), and very little snow. Wednesday will be 48. Future forecasts predict same.
I hope you all are well. Be safe.
Peace ✌
 
14 inches of snow ,yesterday and last night, 3 ft drifts, cold and windy, still snowing:BangHead:................remind me again why I live here:icon_scratch: Spring seems like a distant dream!! Federal offices, schools,... Post Office, Buses, everything closed!

Don't worry, be happy. Someday you'll be old and become a "Winter Texan". Then after 3-5 months down here,after being in a place that closely resembles Mexico, hell and a 3rd world country, you'll go back up there and know why you lived there for so long. And, you'll have a new tatoo:
she's a real beauty
a mexican cutie
how it got here I haven't a clue.
 
I know what ya mean Coop! I've had the winter doldrums and wondered what I used to do to get over it -
Oh yeah, 30 years later it came to me - with a new purchase last week - just fly through winter!

Few years back a buddy encouraged me to try his sled out. I hadn't been on one in decades. His looked similar to yours, a mid 90's model with a triple cylinder..I couldn't believe that thing, even with my giant self on it, it was all I could do to hold onto that thing..lol think it was the first time I actually scared myself. Unbelievable acceleration, bet if I'd kept on the throttle I could have seen blue sky for a mile...gotta get myself one of those :p

BC
 
Snow, snow and more snow! The first "warm" above 20 degrees day I'm going to the beach to hunt. It appears the only place remaining to dig around here!
 
good skiing or snowmobiling, or ice skating weather,,,, nah who needs it
 
Someone missing/drop a big bag of flour? ;)2014-01-26 14.30.00.webp
 
I was out today to start my Vehicle.
had to crawl in the back again doors were froze shut.

I was also able to walk on top of the snow.
Probably about a Foot of Icey snow.
it is up to the frame of my vehicle.

I also noticed I used over half a tank of Gas since I've been snowed in
just keeping a little warmth & oil moving in the engine occasionally

Untitled.webp
 
I hear ya, maybe another Great Lakes total freeze-over this winter again if it doesn't let up!

-32 when I scraped the inside of the window to look out at the thermometer, tractor plugged in 24/7 and it was everything for it to start yesterday to clear the foot of the fluffy angle dust, and they're calling for another 8" by the end of the week.

The only bonus to having the lakes freezing over again is the water labels will stay higher.
 
-32 when I scraped the inside of the window to look out at the thermometer, tractor plugged in 24/7 and it was everything for it to start yesterday to clear the foot of the fluffy angle dust, and they're calling for another 8" by the end of the week.

The only bonus to having the lakes freezing over again is the water labels will stay higher.

Still going snowshoeing in the bush tomorrow! ;)
 
Come on down Boys..."The water is fine"!

Spanishmack.webp


P.S. There's no such thing as "Mother Nature"! She's a fairy tale.
Maybe that's why the snow is so deep up there.....:dontknow:


And if the fish aren't biting....I'm standing in the shadow of a great treasure hunter.....wait....that's me!

shadow.webp


I do feel bad for you guys.....I got tired of the cold myself....time is short!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom