What's new

dansko shoes not using american measurements

dieselram94

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2011
Messages
9,236
Reaction score
6,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Does anyone feel the same as me? I refuse to buy these for my wife as they only list European sizes and not American sizes. I real that if they intend to sell these in American markets than they need to be measured as such. Seems pretty arrogant that they don't.
 
are sizes different in Europe? or are they using the metric measurement?

Remember way back when the U.S. almost went metric, sheesh, you'da thought the entire world used it except for us.
 
It only applies if their clothing sizes appear smaller:laughing7: In all seriousness,it doesn't bother me unless the metric system is forced on the US.
 
I believe it is metric but is labled as European. Just seems to me if they are going to sell in us markets, label it in our form of measuring.
 
Last edited:
I believe it is metric but is labled as European. Just seems to me if they are going to sell in us markets label it in are form of measuring.

Maybe they know something we dont.:laughing7:
 
Most shoes I see nowadays carry all the sizes . ie I take a 10.5 US, they are also marked 44.5 EU, 10UK, 28.5CM. There is another problem in ordering shoes. In men's shoes, D width is standard but I am closer to E. If I am ordering the new style tennis/hiking shoes, I usually get NewBalance because there standard width is E or EE. There is one more problem. Shoes are made on forms called lasts. The European last is slightly narrower than the American last. Actually there are many lasts used in different countries. Just consider yourself luckey if they fit. Frank

111-1 profile.webp
 
That is good to know Frank, I didn't realize different countries use different width lasts. I am always glad to learn something new.

Does anyone else think if a company like dansko is going to sell shoes in our markets for Americans that they could at least label them with all the sizes, not just european sizing. To me it just comes across as rude and demeaning. As if they are superior to us. I don't think they would receive it well if we sold shoes in their markets and only labeled them with American sizing. Or am I just a little crazy on this?
 
Last edited:
uhhh, hate to break it to you but we do sell shoes in "there" markets, bad thing is 99.6% of the shoes sold are made in Indonesia. You might be just a little crazy on this.
 
That is good to know Frank, I didn't realize different countries use different width lasts. I am always glad to learn something new.

Does anyone else think if a company like dansko is going to sell shoes in our markets for Americans that they could at least label them with all the sizes, not just european sizing. To me it just comes across as rude and demeaning. As if they are superior to us. I don't think they would receive it well if we sold shoes in their markets and only labeled them with American sizing. Or am I just a little crazy on this?

Davest, I said sell shoes in their markets and ONLY label them with American sizing. But I still could be a little crazy on this:tongue3:
 
As a general proponent of an open market, I think that Dankso is free to market and sell their shoes in whatever way they wish. No one is obligated to buy them. I personally think wearing their shoes is similar to walking on a two-by-four all day long and prefer the Crocs Neria work clog (which is sized in US sizes by the way, but probably made overseas).
 
Last edited:
Before you try to start a boycott, it may be that the show company is not the one selling in the states, but a dealer that has bought them. If the numbers bother you, dont buy. I never go by numbers anyway, numbers just get me close to the size I want, then try them on. Didnt people always try shoes on, before buying? Different thing is packaged shirts, then you need to guess if its your size.
 
Before you try to start a boycott, it may be that the show company is not the one selling in the states, but a dealer that has bought them. If the numbers bother you, dont buy. I never go by numbers anyway, numbers just get me close to the size I want, then try them on. Didnt people always try shoes on, before buying? Different thing is packaged shirts, then you need to guess if its your size.
Don't jump to conclusions, I am not trying to start a boycott. Just my wife and I are disagreeing about this and I thought I would see what everyone else thought. I have seen them in many stores so it is not a case of a dealer just buying some and selling them here. They are being marketed here by Dansko. :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom