What's new

Dawson Blank

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,710
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is known as a Dawson Blank. It was for a Dickson and Nelson carbine. It came from an old warehouse in Dawson, Georgia. Dickson and Nelson are better known for their Mississippi rifle copy but they did produce a carbine as well, although information on it is scarce.
This is what I have found on the net.
Dawson Blank 1.webp
Dawson Blank 2.webp
Dawson Blank 3.webp
Dawson Blank 4.webp
 
Upvote 5
It’s in amazing condition. Looks like recently worked material. How/where did you acquire it? I’m guessing it was well taken care of. Thanks for posting
 
It’s in amazing condition. Looks like recently worked material. How/where did you acquire it? I’m guessing it was well taken care of. Thanks for posting
I found it in the warehouse. Dawson is about 25 miles from here. This is he second one I have owned. The first one I traded some old pottery for with the stipulation that if either one of us ever wanted our piece back it would be done, no questions asked. About five years after the trade the owner wanted the blank back to donate it to the local museum. I don't know if it was donated before he passed away.
 
Walnut is a true hardwood that is a very nice Dawson Blank!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom