What's new

Day 1 - Church Field.......

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,310
Reaction score
48,567
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got on the church field after the pheasant season, still had to chase off 3 blokes with shotguns going for rabbits. :P
It a very overgrown field and has a footpath leading to the church which is not far away. Must have been used for 100s of years but we got little sign of that. Started on the high ground nearest the church & worked our way down the hill.
After a 5 hour (10 man effort hunt);
Oldest find was a 16th century lead cloth seal.
Lots of Victorian coins
Geo Coins
Nice seagul? brooch
Walking stick end
Other bits.......


Pretty much as I expected but until we finish you never know what might pop up.
 

Attachments

  • 1a.webp
    1a.webp
    71.1 KB · Views: 659
  • 1b.webp
    1b.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 677
  • 1c.webp
    1c.webp
    84.3 KB · Views: 657
  • 1d.webp
    1d.webp
    91 KB · Views: 662
Upvote 0
Interesting finds, thanks for sharing :)
HH ~Angela
 
Looks like it hasn't been detected then :).....there must be hammered there ;)
 
Mackaydon said:
Great Britain, George IV, Farthing
GEORGIUS IIII-DEI GRATIA .
Laureate, draped bust left .
Nice coin. What year (182??)
Don.....

1822
 
tyre kicker said:
Looks like it hasn't been detected then :).....there must be hammered there ;)

I was hopeful of a hammered at the start but I'm not so sure now. Cover the land & tick it off the list :)
 
Nice range of finds there its good to find Victorian coppers although fairly common you must had found loads by now the thing that allways amazes me is when you pinpoint dig a hole and low and behold a coin sits there.

I plan to learn my machine really well before I join a club then hopefull off to the fields we go.
 
Some great stuff as always...Congrats! ;D

HH, Hank 8)
 
strike it rich said:
Nice range of finds there its good to find Victorian coppers although fairly common you must had found loads by now the thing that allways amazes me is when you pinpoint dig a hole and low and behold a coin sits there.

Yeah, a bag full.

I know what you mean, a couple of times today I dug the plug at the perfect depth and the coin was just laying on the bottom waiting to be picked out.
 
CRUSADER said:
strike it rich said:
Nice range of finds there its good to find Victorian coppers although fairly common you must had found loads by now the thing that allways amazes me is when you pinpoint dig a hole and low and behold a coin sits there.

Yeah, a bag full.

I know what you mean, a couple of times today I dug the plug at the perfect depth and the coin was just laying on the bottom waiting to be picked out.
yes it a fantastic feeling when every thing works out right but other times trying to hunt a tiny target in a load of dirt sure can frustrate u
 
strike it rich said:
CRUSADER said:
strike it rich said:
Nice range of finds there its good to find Victorian coppers although fairly common you must had found loads by now the thing that allways amazes me is when you pinpoint dig a hole and low and behold a coin sits there.

Yeah, a bag full.

I know what you mean, a couple of times today I dug the plug at the perfect depth and the coin was just laying on the bottom waiting to be picked out.
yes it a fantastic feeling when every thing works out right but other times trying to hunt a tiny target in a load of dirt sure can frustrate u

Got that today as well with the ting lead splatted rabbit bullets (half the size of a little finger nail). Do you use the smaller & smaller lump technique to find them? ie. splitting the lump and passing it over the detector, them halfing it & repeating.
 
CRUSADER said:
strike it rich said:
CRUSADER said:
strike it rich said:
Nice range of finds there its good to find Victorian coppers although fairly common you must had found loads by now the thing that allways amazes me is when you pinpoint dig a hole and low and behold a coin sits there.

Yeah, a bag full.

I know what you mean, a couple of times today I dug the plug at the perfect depth and the coin was just laying on the bottom waiting to be picked out.
yes it a fantastic feeling when every thing works out right but other times trying to hunt a tiny target in a load of dirt sure can frustrate u

Got that today as well with the ting lead splatted rabbit bullets (half the size of a little finger nail). Do you use the smaller & smaller lump technique to find them? ie. splitting the lump and passing it over the detector, them halfing it & repeating.
is this the fifth quote already lol I use the spiltting method you describe plus if the earth is fine grab handfuls and pass that over the coil must remember to take the watch off the next time now that drove me nuts.
 
Still a good hunt Crusader, you just never know what will come up! I ran into a few pheasants while detecting in the UK, they sound like helicopters taking off and will scare the crap out of you, LOL. I hope to detect in the UK again some day, I really loved the culture there! HH, Mike
 
Bavaria Mike said:
Still a good hunt Crusader, you just never know what will come up! I ran into a few pheasants while detecting in the UK, they sound like helicopters taking off and will scare the crap out of you, LOL. I hope to detect in the UK again some day, I really loved the culture there! HH, Mike

Yeah nearly hit a couple with the detector, makes up jump abit :)
 
wow that stuff is old real old, cool to see ty for sharing and happy digs in the future for you too
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom