What's new

Day 2 @ beach with Excal

TexasRT

Full Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
236
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Put in a full 8hrs in today, grand total - $3.13, a house key, a zipper pull, numerous pull tabs and bottles caps and a little woman's ring (no stones). I must be the only person that hunts Galveston beaches that digs pennies lol. Got a lot more familiar with the machine thanks to the great tips received here. Did the reverse hunting that Treasure Hunter explained and the pinpointing technique (without using pinpoint) that Sandman told me about and both worked great. The machine did great for (what I call) a long hunt, I was concerned the batteries might not last all day but that was no issue. After 8 hrs it was still going strong.

I have to say that I have gained a new respect for you guy ands gals that do the water hunting, I was in and out of it all day and never got past knee deep and that is not as easy as it sounds. Still enjoyed it, I'm hooked.

To anyone debating about getting an Excal - GET IT.
 
Upvote 0
TexasRT said:
Put in a full 8hrs in today, grand total - $3.13, a house key, a zipper pull, numerous pull tabs and bottles caps and a little woman's ring (no stones). I must be the only person that hunts Galveston beaches that digs pennies lol. Got a lot more familiar with the machine thanks to the great tips received here. Did the reverse hunting that Treasure Hunter explained and the pinpointing technique (without using pinpoint) that Sandman told me about and both worked great. The machine did great for (what I call) a long hunt, I was concerned the batteries might not last all day but that was no issue. After 8 hrs it was still going strong.

I have to say that I have gained a new respect for you guy ands gals that do the water hunting, I was in and out of it all day and never got past knee deep and that is not as easy as it sounds. Still enjoyed it, I'm hooked.

To anyone debating about getting an Excal - GET IT.

Glad your enjoying the Excal and water hunting....It is a whole different ball game, and no it is not easy if there is any surf at all. Just the walking in the sand will wear your legs out, and once in the water waist deep and deeper it is even more tiring, but it has it's good points.

1. Lots more jewelry to be found. :icon_thumright:
2. Eye candy ;D
3. The chance of finding a Diamond ring is far greater. :icon_thumright: :headbang:
4. Did I mention the eye candy yet? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
 
LOL
 
Congson the new Excal I just got mine a couple weeks ago. Still got to learn it....Matt
 
Yeah hunting in the surf is tough.When I hit Stewart beach a couple of weeks ago I was maybe knee deep and was fighting it.
Was probably doing things the hard way, need more practice. :(

Does anyone hunt the water in parallel to the shore or is in and out of the water best? Seems a lot harder to keep a straight
line going when in water parallel to shore, can't be very straight.

So much for going to this weekends 4th of July, it's just nonstop rain out here.
 
SYKO said:
Yeah hunting in the surf is tough.When I hit Stewart beach a couple of weeks ago I was maybe knee deep and was fighting it.
Was probably doing things the hard way, need more practice. :(

Does anyone hunt the water in parallel to the shore or is in and out of the water best? Seems a lot harder to keep a straight
line going when in water parallel to shore, can't be very straight.

So much for going to this weekends 4th of July, it's just nonstop rain out here.

I hunt both ways, but I try to hunt parallel to shore if possible. Look at the beach with people in water, they are usually gather in zones, try to hunt those zones if possible.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom