May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 hours after work completed the lower half of the field.

Good finish to the section with:

A 13th century Knife Terminal (iron blade rusted away) in the shape of a horses foot.
17th century broken spur buckle
Hook
A eyes only stone or fossil that looks like a pencil??

3rd hammered from this field so far:

Charles I 1639-1640 - Halfgroat. Issued during the Civil War at Tower Mint London. I have a few Charles I but not this rarer date ;D

Attachments

• Bits.JPG
    Bits.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 414
  • Head.JPG
    Head.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Tails.JPG
    Tails.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 380
Upvote 0
Crusader, I really enjoy reading your post's. . . I always learn something new.

When you start hunting a new field, do set up any markers so you know where you've been
or do you rely on the crop-row patterns. . . just curious.

Take care,
watercolor

Very nice ,you must have a huge collection.

watercolor said:
Crusader, I really enjoy reading your post's. . . I always learn something new.

When you start hunting a new field, do set up any markers so you know where you've been
or do you rely on the crop-row patterns. . . just curious.

Take care,
watercolor

I use the crop or roller pattern but put down white stones every 50 metre to stay on track.

birdman said:
Very nice ,you must have a huge collection.

Not big enough 8)

doozis said:
Grats !
You're not only very skilled with your detector you are quite a
historian as well :)
Keep swingin'

Doozis

Thanks, always had an interest in History, detecting just allows me to get closer than most :)

Another awesome day!

I can the bet the farm that section 1 is still not "Completed." You should just keep attacking that area. I bet there is Celtic gold still in that field. :D Have you ever found multiple Roman bronze coins in one hole? If so, how many, mate?

KirkPA said:
I can the bet the farm that section 1 is still not "Completed." You should just keep attacking that area. I bet there is Celtic gold still in that field. :D Have you ever found multiple Roman bronze coins in one hole? If so, how many, mate?

Hammered was 3inches.

This is about the 6th year I have attacked this field.

No never found more than 1 roman in one hole. Have probably found a couple of split hoards, moved about by the plough.

CRUSADER said:
KirkPA said:

Hammered was 3inches.

This is about the 6th year I have attacked this field.

No never found more than 1 roman in one hole. Have probably found a couple of split hoards, moved about by the plough.

You should get a picture of the field you are hunting...get some action shots, too...that would be cool, mate.

every time i read one of your posts i look up air fare on british air and think about crossing the pond to try my luck at getting a little taste of what you and your dad do it seems every time you gents go out congrats and hh

Like I've said before, your finds are absolutly awsome!

Very nice coin to go out on. Then again,
and I know I've said it before, your
garbage is better than my best finds.
Congratulations.

tymcmurray said:
Very nice coin to go out on. Then again,
and I know I've said it before, your
garbage is better than my best finds.
Congratulations.

Remember the picture, this is only section 1. Still have over 2 thirds of the field to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back