What's new

DAY OFF,, CUT GRASS,, AND A PAINTED BUFFALO

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I had the day off, The temps were predicted to be in the middle 60's. The soil was expected to be moist due to all the rain we had last week. The Deus was fully charged and upon arrival at the park, the boys were mowing the lawn.
I started swinging the coil over an area they had already cut. Everything was perfect. Now if only a little silver would show up. I hit a few spots where I had found, 2 silvers here and 2 silvers there. I call those "Pockets" I wasn't expecting another Honey Hole and I didn't get one either. lol
The day moved along with clad coins that ended up totaling 43. My last coin of the day came in like a nickel but when I got it out of the hole it was covered in a white substance. I cleaned it at home and the result was a no date Buffalo nickel. I'm okay with not finding a silver coin every time I go out, even though it's nicer to come home with silver..
When you are swinging a coil on a day where the weather, soil, and the traffic are all agreeable, the least I can do is appreciate having a day off to do what I really like to do.
HH
IMG_3956.webpIMG_3951.webp
IMG_3955.webpIMG_3953.webp
IMG_3946.webpIMG_3949.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 26
Good hunt. That's the kind of mower I need;)
 
Nice hunt. Always good to pick up a buffalo even though silver is better.
 
Good job I also like to find silver. I love the thrill o what might be under my coil as well. Looks like you did good.
 
Nice hunt. I guess finding that buff under that paint made your day.

I found one maybe ten days ago. I actually thought it was a big button. It had SO much crud on it that I decided to clean it and after maybe 5 minutes of picking the crud off with the tip of an Exacto blade I realized it was a buff. It's probably one of the worst looking coins I've ever found. It's really that terrible. They just don't hold up very well in the ground. They must have been using been really inferior metal or something in those days.

But, congrats on your buff and enjoyable day.
 
Very nice hunt, lots of goodies! :occasion14:
 
Yep, nice tractor!! Getting a better view - Copy.gif
 
Nice finds, that nickel is cool like that!
 
Congrats on pulling that buffalo and the other finds ATW.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom